Any horse riders out there???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellasmum

Reaction score
Hi,

It has been 5 long years since I rode properly and tommorow I have my first private lesson!!!! I am a little scared and mentally going over my transitions in my head....eeeekkkk:eek: .

I took my daughter riding last week and on the spur of the moment decided to book myself in, I used to ride a lot but after 2 kids put on sooooooo much weight. I have now lost 5 1/2 stones and am excited (But nervous) about getting back in the saddle........any riders out there?:Scared:

Sam

I have always wanted to learn how to horse ride but have never had the guts to do it, hmmm..maybe this summer, if Amy agrees to come and hold my hand lol!
I'm sure your lesson will go fine :green:

Hi,
Its like riding a bike, you never forget lol. You'll be fine just enjoy it.

I know how you feel, i rode all my days until the kids came along and i had to sell my horse :cry: . Decided to go back to it after my second child because i missed it so much and i thought to myself that it was the perfect oppertunity to have a little me time. So i booked in for a lesson once aweek, started with the novice group until my confidence came back, then joined the intermediate class. Its like riding a bike, give it a few lessons and it will all come flooding back and its a great way to get to meet some new peoplexx You will be fine once your in that saddle :hug:

Hi,
I'd like to Congratulate you on your fantastic weight loss. WELL DONE :)
My daughter is Horse mad & we live within walking distance of a Riding school so I don't see much of her! Not a bad thing as she is a teenager in a couple of months & the horns are starting to come through already!!:lol:

My husband went on a lesson with her a few weeks ago & he couldn't walk for a week!! He hasn't been since! Unfortunatly I'm scared stiff of horses so you'll never see me on one!:eek:
My advice is wear some good padding on your bottom!!
Have fun
Lorrie x

I would love to be able to ride a horse as my mate goes every week so it would be nice to go along but due to a horrible incident as a kid i'm very wary of mean horses :-(

A private lesson sounds good tho. I might try one and see how I get on.

Good luck tomorrow hun!!! Have a faberooney time!
xxxxxxxxx

Thanks everyone for the encouragement......padding to the bottom area sounds a good idea.
Will let you know how it goes..

Sam

yep got myself an absolute FRUITcAKE of a horse !

Always had horses - Mont's my 3rd he is kept in woodhouse.

Attachments

• monty_thumb.jpg
    monty_thumb.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 29
Amb, he is gorgeous! What a beauty...okay this is going to sound weird, but i feel kinda broody now, :eek: :lol: I haven't ridden for years either,although i used to have a pony many moons ago.

I'm sure you will have a great time Sam, remember not to wear jeans or anything that has a seam and may rub on the inside of your knees....not that i am saying you will clinging on for dear life, lol!

Getting back in the saddle after a few years of no riding is scary, exciting, fun......and sore! I had 12 years where I didn't ride and got back into it when the kids were younger, it was great! I couldn't walk properly for a week though but soon got used to it again!

Have a great time Sam, you'll love it!

best wishes

Mandy x

Im going to make this a goal for me cos I would just love to go riding again...there isnt nothing more therapeutic than a 'hack' out in the country...we used to sing madonna songs all the way through the woods!!!

I am a complete novice and have not done alot, but I love horse riding. A work colleague and friend from my "day job" has 3 ponies and a big girl called Bess for her husband, in the New Forest. I went to visit them for a couple of days just before Easter and we went out riding. It is soooooo beautiful down there. I didn't own any of my own riding gear, until last year, when my friends husband (the one mentioned above) decided to be domesticated and do a load of washing. He put a brand new navy sailing jumper in with my sister's beige (and fairly new) jodphurs! Voila - I am now the proud owner of a pair of green/blue jodphurs and my sister now owns a brand new pair of beige ones care of me! Quite funny really.

I decided I'd better get my own chaps for this last visit, and bought a pair on eBay for 20 quid. They're great! Had to borrow a very unsexy hat, so that's next on my list to purchase. One of my goals is to have regular riding lessons when I start making some money from this business. I have been riding in the Ashdowne Forest with my sister and it is also very beautiful.

I haven't ridden now since I had my kids, and I really miss it...... The last time I went back after a break I just got straight on and within half an hour was galloping flat out over a field..... trouble is although my brain clicked back into gear no-one remembered to tell my muscles!!!! I was a bit sore afterwards I can tell you!!!

I've just booked my daughter in for her first lesson next month when she turns 4 - it must run in the genes!!

Have loads of fun,

Latest posts

Back