Any idea why this is happening?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pug queen

Beauty
Reaction score
c0d318b5fda1df736f5a4fddb64b6538.jpg
b7c7cac70cd704b08f109c9e33ee8eb0.jpg

Any ideas why this could be happening, it is shellac over acrylic overlay. And it has never happened before With this lady. No one else is having any problems. But I did them the other day and within a day this had happened. Redone them this morning and same has happened by the afternoon. She is using no cleaning products, no hand creams. Never normally has a problem.
But she is going through the menapause, and has started taking liquid iron.
Could that be it?? X

Have you used this color and brand on her and others before? If not you may be under or over curing it. If your following the time directions on the product and that is the result it might take trial and error to find the perfect time for that polish.

If you have then I would call customer service or maybe someone might have a better answer on here for this problem.

I kind of doubt it's because of menopause, since these are not in contact with the natural nail (they are over acrylic)? But it could be, I suppose. Have you asked the customer what she got up to during the day, perhaps you will get a clue as to what has happened?
If you have, there is some troubleshooting to go through :)
1) Are you curing with the CND lamp (uv or led).
2) If yes, is she placing her hand in correctly? With the LED, you have the opportunity to check if the light is hitting all 5 fingers (perhaps the lights are smudged or she is curving her fingers, so the light isn't hitting it fully and thus results in undercuring).
3) Are you curing with the 3rd button (S) on LED lamp for the full minute?
4) If all else fails call the distributor and ask :) Actually perhaps do it anyway?

Is there any chance that something has found its way into the gel colour that shouldn’t be there, like cuticle oil, acetone etc? Is it only that colour that’s doing it?

Surely this must be faulty gel polish products - especially if it did it twice. Contaminated? Affected by hot weather? Left in the sun?
If you re-do this client with another colour (which you know is fine) it would test if its a product or client problem.

I'd be chucking that colour and buying a new one if it were me!

Is there any chance that something has found its way into the gel colour that shouldn’t be there, like cuticle oil, acetone etc? Is it only that colour that’s doing it?
Hello miss Alison

Latest posts

Back