Any ideas for a good kohl eyeliner?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JennyL

Reaction score
I have tried many kohl eyeliners in the past, I confess I am a make-up snob and I do tend to buy premium end make-up.... But I am finding it really hard to come across a good kohl liner that is soft to use, has intense colour, range of colours and does not smudge by the end of the day. If anybody has come across a really good one I would be really interested to know. Ones I have tried are
Mac - their normal kohl in Blooz - lovely colour just smudges by the end of the day
Estee Lauder - doublewear - dries out really quick and their new one - but that smudges
Lancome - smudges by end of day, colour not intense enough
Clinique - intense one in ivy - rubbish to apply with, their long lasting one - again didn't get on well with application
I have got the Chanel liquid liner, but found that it didn't stay put by the inner of my eye.

Also have nyx, l oreal, and benefit it my make-up collection.

Has anyone tried Dior, Chanel kohl or YSL?

Hope someone can help help! :)

Have you tried the make up forever aqua liners? I've heard rave reviews about them, but I've not used them personally.

Estee lauder do a doublewear kohl eyeliner

Urban decay eyeliners are fab for me, have u tried them? x

I second urban decay great eyeliners really soft & go on nice & smooth no dragging at all. Love their eye primer & eyeshadows too😃

Thanks for your messages, ooooo I have the Urban Decay Naked eye pallet but never used the eyeliner that came with it - will try it out :)

Never heard of the Forever Aqua - will research them this morning!

Rimmel's waterproof eyeliner - I cannot live without that one! Doesn't smudge at all, stays on nicely the whole day. And a great price - only a couple of pounds:)

I third Urban Decay, its great to apply, really smooth and soft. Def agree with others geeks x

I am a bit of a makeup snob also to be honest :) but I actually use bourjois Paris Khol and contour pencil.. Really nice intense colour, I have the black pencil and dark brown.. Lasts on for ages x

avon supershock eyeliner is brilliant!

Also 1 for Avon super shock it's not a kohl liner but a gel in pencil form . Really smooth and stays all day

Have you tried using mac fluid trax eye liner on the water line? It does not move all day x

Sorry I meant mac fluid line

Mac pencil in smoulder is my fav x

Thanks for all your replies :)

Researched the forever aqua liner, looks like its only available from a couple of sites - it seems to offer everything I am looking for and has had some really good reviews, will be ordering the black and green bronze!

I have tred the mac fluid line, amongst many other gel liners (in my opinion the Bobby Brown gel liners are superb!) but I find using gel under my eyes can give quite a harsh look and I am trying for something a little more smokey :) but thanks for your advice!!

In the meantime I might pop into my local Boots and try the Rimmel one... Still trying to find the Urban Decay one, I know it's somewhere in my make-up kit!! Do Clarins do a waterproof eyeliner?

Rimmel black kohl eye pencil is great couldn't be with out it!! X

Talking of boots the no 7 eyeliner has pretty good staying power!

Latest posts

Back