any ideas?? : ) for business name

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmie87

Reaction score
Hi.. im in the middle of the home course from Essential Nails, in a few weeks i will be setting up my business.. i cant decide on a name??!! it's driving me mad thinking of all the different names! I really want it to have my name in it somewhere... any ideas??

Ta :)

Have you come up with any ideas so far?? I feel naming your own salon is such a personal thing.. so its hard to give advice when you dont know someones personality.. will your business be home based? mobile? think about whether you are going to extend you business further with more treatments.. if thats the case you might not want to confine yourself to nails..
Think about what it is you want to express to potential clients.. write a list of words that appeal to you and see if you can come up with something that works!:green:

you might want to also do a search in the Biz geek forum where they are always discussing business names. It might give you an idea on which direction to go.
Do a search in Biz geek with business names as the search words.

hth's

Have you come up with any ideas so far?? I feel naming your own salon is such a personal thing.. so its hard to give advice when you dont know someones personality.. will your business be home based? mobile? think about whether you are going to extend you business further with more treatments.. if thats the case you might not want to confine yourself to nails..
Think about what it is you want to express to potential clients.. write a list of words that appeal to you and see if you can come up with something that works!:green:

Thanks hun.. it is so personal.. my bf keeps coming up with different names and im like no.. no... no ha. I will try what your idea ad see what i come up with... Thankoo x:)

Thanks hun.. it is so personal.. my bf keeps coming up with different names and im like no.. no... no ha. I will try what your idea ad see what i come up with... Thankoo x:)

hey no probs mate.. I had 4 really bad names before i settled on the one i have now! Good Luck!:green:

I'm in the process of opening a little shop in a room 2 floors up above a shop in Town.

The windows are long and narrow, sort of tall windows. This makes me think i should keep the name of my nail bar short to fit in the windows, if you know what i mean.
:rolleyes:

So im thinking...

mmm...nails

or

Nail m

cos my name's Marion, any opinions welcomed

probs sounds stupid but what about

maroinail

hi, is your name emmie?
wot bout emmacualute nails/ tips/ talons?
just a thought.......liz xxxxxx

emmacualute nails

like it!:green: is it a play on 'immaculate'?

but what about two-tone the writing like:

emmaculate nails

or what about

emmacuticles

maroinail

think you would spend ages having to explain it to people.
I have read the thread on naming nail salons and have noticed that the ones with unusual names have had an explanation next to it on why you have come up with it.

Now put yourself in all of your clients shoes, and will they get it? will you have to explain it to all of them? or will it put some clients off trying you out, because they don't really understand what you are/do or can't pronounce your name?

'we' in the trade might get it, but you're not opening a salon just for people in the trade. if you're name explains what you do/what you offer then you are half way to getting them to walking through the door.

like it!:green: is it a play on 'immaculate'?

but what about two-tone the writing like:

emmaculate nails

or what about

emmacuticles

errrm yer obviously!!!! lol dunno weather youre idea works 'emmacuticles'....thats not a word!!!:irked:

emmacualute nails/ tips/ talons?

I had to ask as you spelt it wrong and was trying to work out what the heck you were on about, hence the enquiry. LOL :lol:

Latest posts

Back