Any ideas for promoting facials...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emerald

Reaction score
I have been in my beauty room now for around 9 weeks and things are going well so far. The problem I have is promoting facials, Im not sure how to go about this as my mind is blank lol.

I use Eve Taylor products and though I have done a few facials I am not doing as many as I would like. Does anybody have any ideas for promoting them more or any ideas of offers I could put on with them?

I have already done "Book a facial and receive a free back massage" but only had one client go for that so far.

You could offer a mini facial with certain treatments - do a very quick, basic facial and lay it on thick about how great the full length facials are. It may cost a little in terms of time/product but could work?

If i wanted to promote facials i would probably do an offer like, book any full price treatment and recieve a facial half price for a limited time only. This would allow you to show them the full routine and explain how facials are best booked in courses!! :)

I must admit my facials sell themselves, but the key is to find out what your client is looking for in the facial - is it results, or is it relaxation, etc etc? Then use that to sell the facial. For example, if someone comes in for a wax & they start saying how they must book in for something relaxing for a change, then I suggest a facial -"you should try the Decleor Aromaplasty, it starts with a back massage & then after a cleanse, deep cleanse & exfoliation there is a facial massage with oils & balms, then after that there's a lovely poultice masque, during which I massage your hands & arms etc etc".

If they are complaining about spots or dry skin during another treatment, or if I point something out (politely) during another treatment (i.e. when doing an eyebrow shape you might notice there skin is "a little dehydrated at the moment"), then here another opportunity to sell a facial presents itself - i.e. "there's a Decleor facial that works really well for dehydrated skin, it works on the water channels in the skin (aquaporins) to increase hydration" then go in for the big guns by telling them what a lovely facial it is. If they're going on holiday then suggest a facial post-holiday to re-hydrate their skin, if it's winter & their skin is dull then suggest they try a brightening facial. There are so many opportunities to talk about skincare that present themselves, but it also helps that it is probably my favourite aspect of the job and so I am naturally enthusiastic about it!

Latest posts

Back