Any ideas for these Shellac colours/Additives?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PinkSwoon

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

Bit stuck for ideas for nail art incorporating these colours/additives:

Locket Love Shellac
Midnight Tide additive,
Island Heat additive,
Pink Lotus additive,
Titanium Pearl additive,
Pink Gold Sparkle additive,
Tropic Sunrise additive

I know most of them aren't seasonal colours but I'm a bit stuck for ways to use them!

Any help appreciated :)

Island Heat, Pink Lotus & Tropic Sunrise make beautiful sunset type nails if you use them in blended stripes over Studio White/Cream Puff. Fabulous under stamping. I've also used these, along with Midnight Tide, in random patches under the Moyou Kaleidoscope stamping plates, it looks really effective. Island Heat is also really popular with my clients as full coverage over Electric Orange. These bright additives also make very bright, almost neon, nails when mixed with acrylic powder for enhancements.
I love Pink Gold Sparkle! It adds extra depth & sparkle to any CND Shellac pink and looks beautiful over Lilac Longing, but it also looks gorgeous as a fade over Black Pool or even better over Midnight Swim.
I'm not a great fan of Locket Love, it's not a shade that my clients tend to choose, but I sometimes use it as an accent nail with one of the Lecente gold glitters or with stamping over the top. It's also quite nice to use under a darker colour and etch out shapes into the darker layer before curing so that the Locket Love shows through in the detail. It does tend to come out more at Christmas time.
I don't have Titanium Pearl so I can't help you much with that, sorry.
Try having a play about on some colour pops. Bear in mind that how the additives look when you first put them on is not necessarily how they will look after you've top coated them! I've also learned that some combinations that I'm really not sure about are very popular with my clients. Hope that helps.

Thanks Emily! That's given me a few ideas, soon going to run out of room! :) much appreciated!

I use CND Additives for stamping too. This is CND Additive 'Violet Pearl' over Gel II 'Purple Day' I used a Konad stamp.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1447603782.214237.jpg

You can use any of the 'white looking' CND Additives over a dark CND Shellac or other gel polish colour to give a different colour effect too.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1447603987.062099.jpg

I use CND Additives for stamping too. This is CND Additive 'Violet Pearl' over Gel II 'Purple Day' I used a Konad stamp. View attachment 192084

You can use any of the 'white looking' CND Additives over a dark CND Shellac or other gel polish colour to give a different colour effect too. View attachment 192085

I love the stamping, I haven't mastered stamping with additives yet, I can't get the images to be crisp and clear, but I'm working on it!

I love the stamping, I haven't mastered stamping with additives yet, I can't get the images to be crisp and clear, but I'm working on it!
It takes practise but once you get it it's easy. I use a squishy stamper I bought off of eBay, works a treat! X

How do you guys stamp with additives, do you use a colour like Clearly Pink over the nail, IPA then stamp with topcoat, cure & burnish or mix the additive to a paste or another way?

Titanium pearl is great for creating the 'baby boomer' look :)

Locker love is great for pressing gold foil into or pressing antique bronze additive into - it's gives a really polished gold finish :) cx

How do you guys stamp with additives, do you use a colour like Clearly Pink over the nail, IPA then stamp with topcoat, cure & burnish or mix the additive to a paste or another way?

Complete your base coat, two colour coats (curing each time) then if you're confident with stamping put the additive onto your stamping plate, wipe with your scraper, pick up the image onto your stamper, place over finger, squish lightly onto your finger (using squishy stamper), then topcoat and cure. If you're not confident, topcoat, cure (don't remove sticky layer with IPA as you need this for the additive to stick to), stamp as described above then topcoat and cure again, wipe with IPA. I hope this makes sense. X

Latest posts

Back