Any ideas how to push a website to generate interest.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobileharmonyxx

Reaction score
I have a web site, but it is like its dormant, no interest from it. What sort of advertising is needed to tell people the site is online?, and I am waiting for their business.

I have put out business cards, with web address on it.

Joined nearly every free online advertising site, there is out there.

Still nothing, its getting frustrating.

People say have patience, but when you have none its worse.:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Try putting your ad on gumtree.com

List under health and beauty

Relist and relist as it gets you up near or to the top of google!

Other option is getting google adwords

xxx

Try putting your ad on gumtree.com

List under health and beauty

Relist and relist as it gets you up near or to the top of google!

Other option is getting google adwords

xxx

I have done this over and over, with avail.

Put the link as you signature on you emails and send your friends links. Ask friends to add the link to there signature and also inform their friends.

Also put your web address up in your car window or house window, anywhere you can. Costs you nothing and you may be surprised by how many people will have a nosey at it. Even if you only get one customer, it'l of cost you nothing.

Posters in shop windows, playgroups, doctors waiting rooms, anywhere where people sit and wait.
Church boards!

Try anything and if it's free then all the better.

What Is Your Web Site I Will Check It Out

What services do you offer? are you a salon or mobile?

Can you put your web addy on so we can have a look and advise?

ღMandyღ;727030 said:
Posters in shop windows, playgroups, doctors waiting rooms, anywhere where people sit and wait.
Church boards!

Try anything and if it's free then all the better.

Definately shop windows - i always look in them! What about asking friends to put a poster up in their workplace, or flyers/postcards in their communal areas.

Hi

I had my website built about 2 months ago, and already I've got 6 clients from it, when searching in google it appears at the top. Due to wording in the site im guessing.
If you would like the guys info to build you one PM me and I'll give you his details

Wendy xxx

I always add to google, gumtree, smile local, loot etc etc every couple of days, im always on the first three pages of google, my name and key words can be typed in and i'll be found, this is without paying any fees what so ever.

I recently made a new website (im no good with sites) but already, through searches generated two clients by keeping myself up there at the top, its only been up and running nearly two weeks.

if you type my name in google: Elaine Cawkwell, I come up within the first four pages.

If you type fylde therapies, blackpool massage etc etc, i still come up within the first few pages, im always at it because im forever putting ads on any freebie sites possible, i then get surprised that i see my listing on sites i havent even listed on myself as other companies are in associate with some i go on.It will be worth it in the end.

Iam thinking of paying for some listings but not sure which yet as im doing ok on the net for the timebeing. Im going to pay to have my website displayed in my local paper for now, think that will be money well spent? then again the net is a huge place, just got to figure out which area of it would be best to invest.

ecfyldetherapies.co.uk - Home

(please note my site is still currently being built, ive done the basics, got to wait for my proper girl to do the snazzy stuff)

:)

Ive had a quick peek at your site and is easily navigated, clear and informative.
In my opinion you would benifit from a links page, with good quality links to related sites.
A sad reality is that very few searchers using a search engine look past the 1st couple of pages. So its most important to aim for 1st page search results. This is possible....believe me, my site is 1st page results on all major search engines (not just google!), I dont pay for premium listings, add words or any other expensive form of web promotion.
How does my site do so well?? well I put it down to a combination of things; a well designed site that is fully optimised, plenty of content & quality links.
I am a nail technician and thats what I do best, I'm no web designer. So let a pro do a pro's job!
Sean/Seanny (a fellow geek) designed my website and also helped alot of other geeks create theirs. He has also created lots of interesting threads on how to improve your own website, well worth reading!
Here's his site;
Find a Nail Tech, Locate Nail Salons & Nail Suppliers
HTH
Feel free to pm me if you need any more help

If you're on the web, then start using the web. Put yourself about as much as possible. Join as many internet directories as possible, some are better than others so have a look around, ask other geeks for their opinions and listen to the most sensible ones. LOL Get a links page and hook up with other good sites that are nails/beauty related.

Finally, start thinking of your actual visitors, thats ANYBODY that visits your site, they are all potential customers so treat them nice. Give them a reason for visiting your site, nice colours, easy to read text, pics that load relatively quickly, good nav setup and oh, how about a gallery? Everybody loves browsing through nail galleries, its a fact. If you can edit your site yourself, you can keep the gallery as refreshed as much as possible, so ensuring that your visitors always have something new and interesting to come back for. The more visitors you have, the better. Heavy traffic will alert the search engines, and away you go, its a vicious circle without the vicious.

Re searching for your name or your website name in Google, I'm afraid that this is of no real merit. Its much more important to be searching for EXACTLY what your prospective clients will be searching for. As an example, if you offer massage services in Blackpool, then type that in 'Blackpool massage service' or a variation of that and see what the results throw up. More often than not, if you arent on the first page of the results and other sites that look just as good as your site are on that first page, well....I dont need to spell it out.

Thanks for your kind words Jo. x

I had just checked online with the words harmony within, due to me signing up for free advertising through therapy sites. I am nearly on every second line on the first page that you come to.

I am definately out there, is just the marketing of the business that I need to improve on.

I am attending a new start scotland conference, that gives you everything you need to know about setting up a business, and marketing your website better.

As I have joined every therapy site, that out there. Gum tree, Bebo, you name it I am on there.

Its like trying to find a needle in a haystack..

Thanks everyone for the feedback, this is greatly appreciated.:hug::hug:

i have spoken off line with scooby doo who can link you to a very popular beauty site if you like just send your details to either of us.

I have just looked at your meta tags :

description" content="Harmony Within, a Perthshire based mobile beauty treatment and complimentary therapy service">

They need changinge to give you a better rating

I get LOADS of business from my website, which was also designed by Seanny as a nail site but I changed it when I switched to tanning (thanks hunny :hug:)

I did advertise with Yellow pages last year and only got about 2 calls, I get more than that per week from people who have seen my site!

The only thing I dont know how to change is that it still comes up with 'aspirations nails' not 'about-tan'? I have had to buy two domain names and link one to the other to get to the top of google where I was when it was just nails?

I am completely useless with websites, cant even change the page content without help :irked: a friend of mine uses dreamweaver and that looks easy peasy!!

I'm sure its the site description etc that makes a difference too, why dont you put everything you do under your header? so if someone searches for nails, waxing, tanning or whatever you have it in your tags...

I have just looked at your meta tags :

description" content="Harmony Within, a Perthshire based mobile beauty treatment and complimentary therapy service">

They need changinge to give you a better rating

Any ideas, about how to change the wording?

Thanks.

it depends on who you use for your website ?

Latest posts

Back