Any ideas? Nail seems to be going into the side?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puffle

Reaction score
Hi all, just after some advice....this is my friends nail (hope the link works for the pic!) and she's recently noticed she has 3 the same. It appears that one side of the nail is growing more over to the side, for want of a better description!

She's only noticed it over the last few months...any ideas why it might be? She wears L&P occasionally and generally has gel polish. Thanks.

puffle-albums-poor+nail%21-picture43475-imag0314.jpg

Mine does this to but I don't know why so would love to know the reason to it makes it hard applying my tips sometimes because of this

Mine does this to but I don't know why so would love to know the reason to it makes it hard applying my tips sometimes because of this

It is strange! Her nails don't seem in too bad a condition, a little weak but nothing major. She wants me to apply Gelish this week, so just thought I'd ask the question. :biggrin:

It is strange! Her nails don't seem in too bad a condition, a little weak but nothing major. She wants me to apply Gelish this week, so just thought I'd ask the question. :biggrin:

It is strange mine are in pretty good condition aswel mine do it in the middle ones and the ones next to my lil fingers I sometimes file mine straight and have to pinch the skin right back because it lookes eneven and i dont like it but it's probably not a good idea hopefully someone will come along soon and help us with this lol :biggrin:

Both of my middle fingers do this! So odd. I can have a lovely set of nails but they look bulgy on these ones if I'm not concentrating. I'd love to know what it is. xx

Both of my middle fingers do this! So odd. I can have a lovely set of nails but they look bulgy on these ones if I'm not concentrating. I'd love to know what it is. xx

Same as that mine look bulgey to welcome to the funny nail gang lol x

Last edited:
Can anybody help :biggrin:

I also have this on both of my middle fingers, i dont know what causes this but i never had it before i got into nails. After my training it happened actually, and my nails went through alot of trauma there! Has anyone else with this had trauma to your nails?

I also have this on both of my middle fingers, i dont know what causes this but i never had it before i got into nails. After my training it happened actually, and my nails went through alot of trauma there! Has anyone else with this had trauma to your nails?

No no trauma it's strange isn't it :lol:

I used to bite my nails (only stopped about 2 years ago) so I don't know whether they were just like this normally or whether my biting them caused it! I've also noticed that some of my nail beds start lower down than others (particularly noticeable when you compare the same finger of each hand, there's about 2mm of difference)! That's probably normal too but just thought I'd throw it in there. ;)

Latest posts

Back