Any ideas or help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sophs999

Reaction score
So I've been doing client for a year and she had Calgel first which lasted 5 wks perfect but over time she started chipping or coming off as a whole nail. So I overlayed in brisa sculpt, again, was ok for a bit but started chipping and popping off. So now she's had acrylic for a few month but after 2 weeks, one has come off and one has chipped. What's going on?!!?! I prep same everything is same.

Is the client following your aftercare correctly x

Is the client following your aftercare correctly x

Yes this is the only thing I can think of. I hav said about not picking and taking care and she insists that she is looking after them. The only other thing I can think is if she on medication ?

Do you inspect the nail when it 'pops' off. Likely you will find some damage and not a perfectly smooth nail...

If you do - then there was force involved and what you are seeing is when the product tore the nail as it ripped away.

She has worn nails for a long time and has probably just started to treat them with less respect as they become normal to her...
Worse is each time you reapply to that damaged nail the foundation is weaker and the replacement has less strength which leads to greater likelihood of re breaking

I had a client recently that was doing this. It got so bad I told her if she keeps breaking
them i would refuse service to let the natural nail grow out to give me a better foundation..
Miraculously the last few appointments she has not even chipped one single nail as she is now treating them with the respect they deserved. And she was also one swore she was following all aftercare and being careful.

Hths

Do you inspect the nail when it 'pops' off. Likely you will find some damage and not a perfectly smooth nail...

If you do - then there was force involved and what you are seeing is when the product tore the nail as it ripped away.

She has worn nails for a long time and has probably just started to treat them with less respect as they become normal to her...
Worse is each time you reapply to that damaged nail the foundation is weaker and the replacement has less strength which leads to greater likelihood of re breaking

I had a client recently that was doing this. It got so bad I told her if she keeps breaking
them i would refuse service to let the natural nail grow out to give me a better foundation..
Miraculously the last few appointments she has not even chipped one single nail as she is now treating them with the respect they deserved. And she was also one swore she was following all aftercare and being careful.

Hths

100% perfect advise and experience talking.

How many times do we have to repeat that, it is clients who chip, peel, break and abuse nails ... NOT YOU??

As professionals, KNOWING that what we do and that how we do it is correct and competent, it is time we have the gumption to stand up to these serial offenders and tell them exactly what Envy told his client ....

We periodically have to bring clients 'to heel' and we can only do that by being firm and telling them that we are no longer willing to carry out good service on a person who abuses and interferes with our work. 99% of the time, they come back into line and start to behave again as they did in the beginning ... For a while :lol: and then they need another reminder.

If you got some expensive dental work done and started to pick at it or abuse it in some way ... Do you think your dentist wouldn't tell you off about that, charge you for the repair, and then tell you not to do it again? We need to behave like the professionals we are supposed to be ... Instead of saying we are professional and then not living up to what that title really means.

Just an update- think I have discovered it was the cuticle oil she was using as not using now and nails r on! She told me It was a lavender one

Hths
I used to have a client that used to come back with either a few or all acrylics off...i could clearly see the damage on her nail plate from where they had been pulled off! even though she said they dropped off! i pride myself with thorough PREP on each client,and i ensure they are fully aware of what aftercare they need to do to ensure nails keep nice.
Anyhooo...after a few appointments like this she tried to complain that they just were not lasting, as if to imply it was something i was doing wrong!! so after careful digging, she admitted if one chips or breaks she will sit and pick or bite!!! yes BITE!!!! the rest off whilst watching TV :Scared:
to which i explained the damage she is doing to her beds each time she has a chewing frenzy durring eastenders!! lol...and each time she is ensuring the next set of nails i apply will not last !
she was somewhat horiffied! having no idea the damage she was causing...strangely she now also comes back with 10 nails in tact!!

I used to have a client that used to come back with either a few or all acrylics off...i could clearly see the damage on her nail plate from where they had been pulled off! even though she said they dropped off! i pride myself with thorough PREP on each client,and i ensure they are fully aware of what aftercare they need to do to ensure nails keep nice.
Anyhooo...after a few appointments like this she tried to complain that they just were not lasting, as if to imply it was something i was doing wrong!! so after careful digging, she admitted if one chips or breaks she will sit and pick or bite!!! yes BITE!!!! the rest off whilst watching TV :Scared:
to which i explained the damage she is doing to her beds each time she has a chewing frenzy durring eastenders!! lol...and each time she is ensuring the next set of nails i apply will not last !
she was somewhat horiffied! having no idea the damage she was causing...strangely she now also comes back with 10 nails in tact!!

It defies belief that anyone can bite or pick all their nails off and then profess not to know, or fein disbelief or hirror, that they have been damaging their nails! Are they blind or something? Of course they know what damage they are doing. They cannot not know. They just don't want to admit their own stupidity so they pretend to be 'horrified' to save their face.

Latest posts

Back