Any ideas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3 WISHES

Reaction score
I've done this lady's shellac a few times who is known around this area for complaining constantly just to get her money back all the time!!! She's always been fine up until the last 6 weeks or so!! Now she has started to complain her shellac is sliding off her nails whole I have re done them a couple of times as a good will gesture but gave explained to her its never happened to me before. Now the last 2 times she said they slid off the next day so I told her that this time she needs to bring the shellac in for me 2 c this is what she brought back. Does anybody know y this is happening I've never had this before she also said b4 the slide off they get a big bubble in the middle?? x ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381009275.128572.jpg

You can't keep redoing them (for free?). Assuming that you are following all the correct procedures and she's following your aftercare advice then I would suggest to her that Shellac is not suitable for her nails/lifestyle. :)

Im not too sure , maybe she has oily nails x
But it doesn't look like she has pulled them off as you would see bits of nail on there too as it takes some nail with it xx
But i know a few people who wont have shellac as this happens to them,
And i only had mine on 5 days before it started peeling x

I think they've been peeled off. You can see different pulled/peeled areas. How can it actually slide off? I'm not convinced x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

The edges look very rough like they've been picked at, I can't imagine how Shellac could literally slide off someone's nail. I know they can lift if not applied correctly or client has very oily nails but to totally slide off? Is that even possible lol :/ don't do them again for free. If she is saying there sliding off why does she keep coming back to have them redone? Clearly shellac isn't working for her if there "sliding off" try a different product on her. Vinylux maybe? Sounds very fishy to me

I think they look like they have been helped along! Perhaps her nails are too ridged and need something underneath first? I missed a prep step on a set if acrylics this week on one finger that nail just dies appeared in one so these things can happen if something drastically array at the very base but I doubt it's anything you have done is she's picking off a good few- as for a big bubble underneath that could be some sort of under curing I guess?? Or she's sat with hands in water all day ?!! You may never know if she's a picker!!

Slid off? No way. :eek:

Does she have a different colour when you re apply?? Just a thought as people have said they look like they've been helped to 'slide' off! Is it her way of getting a freebie?? I may be jumping to conclusions but sounds odd to me 😀

You need to ask her exactly what she is doing from when she gets up in the morning to when she goes to bed at night. If at any stage she says something a bit odd that might be the cause tell her to avoid it. Also make sure she pays. Tell her you obviously have done them as a goodwill gesture but you cannot do anymore as you are running a business. And if she is not suitable for shellac, suggest something else. You are the technician, you decide what is best for her nails. Hth x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Picker...just saying...

As a former picker in recovery lol

Def a picker - it's what mine looked like when I picked mine off. Terrible habit but there's not much I can't get off my nails! I don't even realise I'm doing it half the time :/ x

I've done this lady's shellac a few times who is known around this area for complaining constantly just to get her money back all the time!!! She's always been fine up until the last 6 weeks or so!! Now she has started to complain her shellac is sliding off her nails whole I have re done them a couple of times as a good will gesture but gave explained to her its never happened to me before. Now the last 2 times she said they slid off the next day so I told her that this time she needs to bring the shellac in for me 2 c this is what she brought back. Does anybody know y this is happening I've never had this before she also said b4 the slide off they get a big bubble in the middle?? xView attachment 44627

I have a friend who this happened to, she got 4/5 days out of her shellac maybe & they slid off... Her nails are super oily!! Nothing lasts on her nails :(

Oily nails???? Is there such a thing as oily nails? I really don't think so. Nails do not have glands that can secrete oils. I have had so many clients say that previous nail techs have told them their nails were oily and therefore their enhancements hadn't lasted - No, its bad prep or picking. I've never had one client in 10 years with "oily nails".

This picture looks like a picker, she's even torn some while picking and there is some nail on there too! She has done it nice and slowly (very satisfying) that's why she's managed to get whole nail covers.

She is a chancer and is getting you to do it for free. After how many days does this apparently happen? No one needs clients like this.

I have this happen to me as I have very thin bendy nails, it's generally my own fault for sitting and bending them until a bit lifts at the free edge then I get my other nail underneath them and slide them off - like I said though this is totally my fault.

Other causes could be thyroid medication as I have a client who struggles to keep hers on and we put it down to this (although being a hairdresser and having her hands in water all the time won't help).

OR - is she a plug in air freshener freak? I spilled one on my acrylics once and they literally started pinging off, it's totally lethal stuff! Or possible clean and clear cleanser, that strips stuff too.

Hth x

OR - is she a plug in air freshener freak? I spilled one on my acrylics once and they literally started pinging off, it's totally lethal stuff! Or possible clean and clear cleanser, that strips stuff too.
Hth x

I didn't know about these two culprits, I will add them to my "No No" list.

So this is my 1st reply so bear with me...

Although I'm new to shellac after been out of the beauty industry for well let's say a few years... The pic looks like when I peeled my shellac off after a corner chipped. And I have to agree with what others have said, about you have renewed it for free already. I would be insisting she uses something else as for what ever reason shellac does not seem to be the product for her.

Look at this from a business perspective too where will this end if every week she's getting a free shellac polish?

And as juicylucy said " no one needs clients like this"

Oily nails???? Is there such a thing as oily nails? I really don't think so. Nails do not have glands that can secrete oils. I have had so many clients say that previous nail techs have told them their nails were oily and therefore their enhancements hadn't lasted - No, its bad prep or picking. I've never had one client in 10 years with "oily nails".

This picture looks like a picker, she's even torn some while picking and there is some nail on there too! She has done it nice and slowly (very satisfying) that's why she's managed to get whole nail covers.

She is a chancer and is getting you to do it for free. After how many days does this apparently happen? No one needs clients like this.

I do believe so. I am a perfectionist when it comes to my work and therefore my prep is done to a 'T'. My friend is also NOT a picker. She really wanted these nails to last.
I have other clients nails lasting up2 5weeks (the re growth is disgusting) but they do last. So I wouldn't say it the prep of the nail for my friend or picking.
Her nails are oily!!
However the nails the op has posted do look like they've been picked around the edges. I would say this woman is a complete chancer!!

Sorry, but this is hardly a source of information for a professional, never mind anyone else. So many incorrect statements in that article.

Apologies - the post was a reply to New2Shellac as I am in agreement that some people do have naturally oily nail "plates".

Latest posts

Back