Any Ideas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

collins

Reaction score
Please can anyone help me I am baffled.
When I do L & P extensions on one of my clients they seem to lift really badly to the point that when I do the 2 week repair their half way up the nail and have crumbled and she has lost about 3 tips. Every time I do a repair on the set the more it happens.

I have to say none of my other clients have had this problem and my own nails don;t lift. I tried everthing like UV top coats etc. I don't put the product too close to the cuticle and when I finish them they look like a good set of nails if I do say so myself. I've asked her if she bites them and she says she doesn't and I do beleive her. I do fibreglass on her now which is fine but we both agree doesn;t look as good as acrylic. Could it be that her nail are producing alot of oil? although she doesn't have greasy hair or skin. Help any ideas?

i am asuming that you are making sure that you have removed all the non living tissue from the nail plate- silly Q i know- but its where i'd start first when i prep
does your client have a v oily nail plate or does she apply her cuticle oil/ hand cream before her appt?
with your prep make sure you apply a coat of nail dehydrator (ezflow ezbond or i think its nail fresh thats similar from cnd)
with a liquid that requires primer try applying 2 coat v sparingly to the nail plate letting each coat fully dry in between and before product application but be v careful not to get any primer on the skin!
with fibreglass you do not need to prime just dehydrate before applying the resin, so it does sound like it could be to do with your prep products
with the fibre are you appling them on french tips or are they just natural and painted?

Jess
xox

No the fibreglass doesn't lift. It's not my prep all the other acrylic nails I do are fine, no complaints. I use NSI and do all the right prep work and I have to say that other than this client I am really happy with my products and my work. I can't think what it could be. I told her last time to stop using cuticle oil regularly for a while just incase her nails were producing alot of it and the extra was too much. Anyway this didn't make a difference. Her last set lasted about5 weeks and she took what was left off and I've just put some fibreglass on. I've used fibreglass on her for the las two months but this last set was my last ditch attempt with her and acrylic.

sorry im nt familiar with nsi products and as you have no problems with any other clients it could be just her- maybe she does have a v oily nail plate other than do extra prep like extra dehydrating etc.. they only thing i can think of if she really wants to stick with acrylic- is get her to come back in as soon as she notices a lift even if it is with in days reprep and remove the lifting and reapply- even if its only one nail at a time- if you do any repairs inbetween the first week maybe offer them at a reduces rate so she does come back

okay just a thought- you said they had crumbled?- is she a picker as soon as she gets a lift she just fiddles- she mite not ever realise she does it- i have some bitter clients who will sit in front of me and before i even start they already have their nails in their mouth.......they dont even realise!! :rolleyes: my sister is the same- i'll do her a lovely set and ten mintues later they are in her mouth....she insists she doesnt bite- which i do believe but she does put pressure on them.....you think she'd know (or should that be remember!!) by being my sis....lol!!

Jess
xox

collins said:
Please can anyone help me I am baffled.
When I do L & P extensions on one of my clients they seem to lift really badly to the point that when I do the 2 week repair their half way up the nail and have crumbled and she has lost about 3 tips. Every time I do a repair on the set the more it happens.

I have to say none of my other clients have had this problem and my own nails don;t lift. I tried everthing like UV top coats etc. I don't put the product too close to the cuticle and when I finish them they look like a good set of nails if I do say so myself. I've asked her if she bites them and she says she doesn't and I do beleive her. I do fibreglass on her now which is fine but we both agree doesn;t look as good as acrylic. Could it be that her nail are producing alot of oil? although she doesn't have greasy hair or skin. Help any ideas?
Try this Hun, before you beat yourself up to much............
When she comes in for her maintenance, apply a little scrubfesh over the crumbled area..............
If it is due to lifting and no picking, the area will look smooth and undamaged.........if it is due to picking, there will be tell tale stress marks on the nail, because every time a client picks there will be nail damage and this shows up after scrubfresh has been applied......... little white marks............
Also ask her nicely, could she bring in any nails that have just fallen of or crumbled away........as you would like to check the lifted nails for product break down............ if she does bring them in, you can easely tell if it is lifted clean off the nail or if it has been picked..........
Sometimes they pick and poke and prod without realizing it and the damage this can do...............
She might have very thin nails and L&P is a more ridgid structure........ so combine a soft base with a ridgid overlay and you will get a nail that with a little poking, will evacuate the nail plate rather rapidly...........
In this case I would use Fibreglass............

You can make Fibreglass look just a s good as L&P, try the Fabric# system.........This is a Fibreglass set....................
31Nails_June_2004_008-med.jpg

Hope this helps xx

those nails look fabby ruth!- just like good ol' l&p i know ya a fab fabric queen:):):)

i did a set of fibre on a work colleague and she loves them better that acrylic:)

Jess xox

They are gorgeous Ruth. I have recently found out how to do the Wrapture Gel with Star so can now build that apex i've always wanted with fibreglass. You definately get a better shape.

Is your client on any medication. I have two clients that lift badly, One is on heavy medication and the other works as a nurse in the surgery part ov a hospital, she uses a scrub that plays havock wiv de nails(can't believe she's allowed to wear them being a nures!) Mybe its something to do with her lifestyle?

Latest posts

Back