Any Koleston Perfect 0/11 experts can help trying to get silver

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxKeelyxx

Reaction score
So first off I don't do hair on others just make up nowadays I did hair a long time ago but only to level 2 and some updos in hmua.

Been doing myself for many years and getting dry cuts when i can since having my babies.

Im a natural base 6 and really ashy.

So atm my hair is white blonde using Schwarzkopf blonde me premium lift and 9% (i know, I know but 6% even with heat leaves it too orange not lifted enough and toner wont touch it then) and then I use Wella Colour touch 8/81 and colour touch 4 % and its a lovely platinum blonde slightly silvery.

attached a pic of my hair. (cant do selfies i look like an idiot im sorry)

I want it really silver and was considering using Koleston perfect 0/11 but worried as my ends are more porous about it taking to my ends more and not my roots and midlengths as well.

I basically want to dye it grey and then let my natural colour grow out like a grey ombre as im done with my high maintance hair at home and how long it takes me sectioning etc so I dont overlap etc. Then drying it and sectioning it again with the wella colour touch 8/81. Im sure u can imagine what a nightmare it is.

ive attached a pic how i would like it ideally. is 0/11 too dark? I wasnt sure whether to try 0/81 but not sure if this will just give the same look as wella 8/81

I know you are all experts and I hope I have not said anything annoying or plain stupid please feel free to correct me politely but what im really looking for is advice if you can help

xx

Attachments

• greyhair.jpg
    greyhair.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 124
  • hairwithwella881.jpg
    hairwithwella881.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 114
You'd be better off getting someone else to give you a grey ombré using a balayage technique otherwise, if you colour it grey yourself, it will leave a horrible demarcation line growing out.

Ive grown it out before ombre using a root colour
You'd be better off getting someone else to give you a grey ombré using a balayage technique otherwise, if you colour it grey yourself, it will leave a horrible demarcation line growing out.

Ive grown it out before using a quasi ash root colour to ombre it and disguise the demarcation line by bringing the odd strand down and back combing it a bit etc so im not really worried about doing that again. its more getting a good silver that will take to my hair.

Ill just strand test it. I was just hoping someone with experience using that colour range could give me some advice. Like if its a nice colour or if it may not take evenly or might not look so silver on my hair for whatever reason who may has more knowledge of colours. Or maybe suggest a better silver

Ive a one year old and a 5 year old which makes salon visits pretty much impossible so i tend to dye my hair when they are in bed.

Use kenra metallics 8sm 10 volume 8/81 is pretty but doesnt stay long

Latest posts

Back