Any microblading experts here?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi I'm considering doing microblading training with hd brows, has anyone here used them before?

They will also train me in hd brows too so I can offer that. I know it's going to be expensive and huge amounts of hard work determination and effort but I know if I put the effort in and set realistic expectations I'll be ok.

I have lots of microblading questions though so need to pick someone's brains?? :)

Hi Heidi, I've been solely microblading for over a year now. Id be happy to help you if I can

Hi Heidi, I've been solely microblading for over a year now. Id be happy to help you if I can

Amazing thank you so much! Ok I'm gonna bombard you with questions now lol sorry :)

Where did you train and how much did it cost? Do you rate the hd brand at all?
How long did it take you to feel confident and had you had any prior eyebrow or spmu experience?
Whereabouts in the country are you and how much do you charge?
How many treatments do you do in a week / day and how much do you make after your overheads are covered?
Did you offer any other treatments when you first started out?
Where are you based from and are you self employed or employed?
Do you think a year is realistic in terms of doing the training, feeling competant (NOT an expert) and starting to see some return on investment?
What are the pros and cons of doing it?

Thank you for you help!!! X

I have been looking into the hd training too and haven’t done hd brows before. It’s really hard to decide isn’t it! It all sounds really good but a lot of money to risk!

I trained with hd brows 6 years ago, imo the brand is over rated, I'm based in Ireland in a small-ish town, in the beginning hd brows were great, but I find most salons have upskilled in brows and offer just as good a treatment as the hd brows at a lower price. I'm also trained in microblading for 2 years now. Brilliant treatment if you're willing to practice loads! I trained with elite microblading 1st, not great training, 2 months later I trained with phibrows, excellent training and support. Phibrows training was roughly €1800 I think, you get a kit with is and I made my money back within 1month. As I said I had been doing hd brows for a few years before microblading so was confident with shaping brows which helps a lot.
With regards feeling confident in microblading, it took a good year before I felt confident in the treatment and I practiced every day on latex!!
I charge €280 for microblading and I'm now doing annual top ups which are €150. I don't live in a city so would struggle to charge any more than this!
I only work 4 evenings a week for 4 hours Each evening, I do 4 full microblading treatments a week, and usually 2-3 top ups.
Each treatment including the 4 week top up cost me under €25.
I'm self employed, and have my own salon.
A year is loads of time if you're willing to work hard and practice loads!

That's so helpful thank you so much!
Yes I definately am willing to take lots of time and do practice, I'm not in a rush to make my money back I just want the skill of being able to do something like this that can tranform someone's face and confidence - what a way to make a living! I don't expect to get rich from it - especially not quickly which I do feel alot of people think is going to happen. I'm very experienced working with faces but not yet eyebrows so was planning on doing hd brows (or a different brand) of eyebrow shaping and mastering that for 6 months before enrolling in microblading just to double check I do actually enjoy brows as much as I think I will, and also to get used to shaping etc do you think this is wise or not necessary?
If I'm going to do this I need to do it properly.

That's so helpful thank you so much!
Yes I definately am willing to take lots of time and do practice, I'm not in a rush to make my money back I just want the skill of being able to do something like this that can tranform someone's face and confidence - what a way to make a living! I don't expect to get rich from it - especially not quickly which I do feel alot of people think is going to happen. I'm very experienced working with faces but not yet eyebrows so was planning on doing hd brows (or a different brand) of eyebrow shaping and mastering that for 6 months before enrolling in microblading just to double check I do actually enjoy brows as much as I think I will, and also to get used to shaping etc do you think this is wise or not necessary?
If I'm going to do this I need to do it properly.
A brow shaping course won't do any harm, this is probably the most important thing as the shape is the part the client will notice straight away if it's wrong! They will teach you shaping in your microblading course, but you can never have too much experience!! Plus if you do a brow course your clients can come back to you to have them tinted and shaped on a regular basis!

A brow shaping course won't do any harm, this is probably the most important thing as the shape is the part the client will notice straight away if it's wrong! They will teach you shaping in your microblading course, but you can never have too much experience!! Plus if you do a brow course your clients can come back to you to have them tinted and shaped on a regular basis!

OOh yes I didn't think of that!! Is microblading all you do?

Are you still there BBank? :)

OOh yes I didn't think of that!! Is microblading all you do?
Microblading is my main treatment but I also do hd brows, henna brows, lash extensions, microneedling and plasma pen treatments

Microblading is my main treatment but I also do hd brows, henna brows, lash extensions, microneedling and plasma pen treatments

Did you start out as a beauty therapist? Was the hd brows worth the expensive training? Do you make much profit on microblading? Thanks!! :)

Hi I'm considering doing microblading training with hd brows, has anyone here used them before?

They will also train me in hd brows too so I can offer that. I know it's going to be expensive and huge amounts of hard work determination and effort but I know if I put the effort in and set realistic expectations I'll be ok.

I have lots of microblading questions though so need to pick someone's brains?? :)
@Heidi-Sparkles what path did you chose in the end? I've got all the same questions you did as I am in the same boat right now :) ty xx

@Heidi-Sparkles what path did you chose in the end? I've got all the same questions you did as I am in the same boat right now :) ty xx

I chose not to go with HD Brows as they were way too expensive and pushy

Latest posts

Back