Any mums with boys?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mommabear

Reaction score
Oh my days i am having some right trouble with my 9 year old!
He has started with the stroppiest mood swings the last few weeks and today he has done nothing but cry at the smallest of things.
Is he too young to be hormonal?
Everything is fine in school, ive checked with his teacher an she is keeping an eye on him for me already. He is a mummies boy an is very open with me with any problems, if any, in school or with friends.

I feel like a have a massive bag of hormones wanting to burst!!

Any salon geek mums have any experiences with there boys with this and can give any advice? I find all im doing is telling him off and i dont want to keep on at him.

Thanks lovlies
Xxxx

My son was very hormonal which I wasn't expecting although he was about about 11 when it started.
He was very upset and felt anxious and couldn't sleep. Thankfully it passed but it was a difficult time.

All sounds normal to me. It's hormones for sure. Keep him busy and lots of exercise and healthy food. I went through hell summer 2013 with my boy. He was only 6!!! He has surges now but he's much better than he has been. The more exercise the better. Good luck. You are by no means alone! X

All completely normal although I'd be concerned with tears
There's a great book for mums with boys called 'raising happy boys'
The same author has done one for girls and children in general but I can't remember his name
Some good stuff/insights in there

Hope he's ok!

I went through this with my son. He's now fourteen and can still be very stroppy at times. Rather than end up arguing about it, I always say "aaah Georgie, come and have a mummy cuddle". It diffuses the situation and we laugh because I'm obviously the most embarrassing mum and actually, even though I am, he secretly loves a cuddle but like lots of men, doesn't know how to voice his feelings.

All completely normal although I'd be concerned with tears
There's a great book for mums with boys called 'raising happy boys'
The same author has done one for girls and children in general but I can't remember his name
Some good stuff/insights in there

Hope he's ok!

Oooooo thats great ill have a look at that.
Thank you :) xxx

I went through this with my son. He's now fourteen and can still be very stroppy at times. Rather than end up arguing about it, I always say "aaah Georgie, come and have a mummy cuddle". It diffuses the situation and we laugh because I'm obviously the most embarrassing mum and actually, even though I am, he secretly loves a cuddle but like lots of men, doesn't know how to voice his feelings.

Oh that is so cute!!! I sat with him for about an hour an cuddled on the couch last night and he seems fine this morning....lets see what tonighg brings haha
Xxx

Thanks girls :)

Im glad im not alone. I didnt know wether he was too young but it seems not :) theres me thinking i was gonna have it easy with having boys....clearly not haha
Xx

Don't think it's just boys my 10 year old daughter is the same it's like teenage years start sooner [emoji15]

I have 2 boys and 2 girls from 13 down to 7. My oldest boy was like this at that age very erm...emotional! Plenty of embarrassing cuddles from mum should do the trick! Good luck x

We spend a lot of time together. Mind you my boy is only 6 and very mild tempered but my girls are 13 and 10 and in talking with them, it would seem hormones affect both genders equally and it starts quite early these days.
So, Sundays, folklore dance for the family for two hours and swimming. Monday swimming. Tuesdays and Thursdays judo for two hours. Wednesday and Friday track and field (we are training for a family run to help support Women's Mental Health day in June). These kids train and exercise hard, we have fun, and eat very healthy.
The 13 year old also does wrestling and she competes in 1000m Sprint, as well as Wrestling and Judo tournaments. The last few years of lots of sports their attitudes have improved a million fold!

Are there any changes at home? Is he eating something new/different? Manufacturers hide chemicals like MSG (mono sodium glutamate) in food under a lot of other names (yeast extract, hydrolysed protein amongst others), also keep him away from preservatives and flavourings, my daughter can't tolerate them and it sends her mental, she is a different person. He may have developed a sensitivity. Or it could be hormones! Good luck.

We spend a lot of time together. Mind you my boy is only 6 and very mild tempered but my girls are 13 and 10 and in talking with them, it would seem hormones affect both genders equally and it starts quite early these days.
So, Sundays, folklore dance for the family for two hours and swimming. Monday swimming. Tuesdays and Thursdays judo for two hours. Wednesday and Friday track and field (we are training for a family run to help support Women's Mental Health day in June). These kids train and exercise hard, we have fun, and eat very healthy.
The 13 year old also does wrestling and she competes in 1000m Sprint, as well as Wrestling and Judo tournaments. The last few years of lots of sports their attitudes have improved a million fold!

Wow that amazing!!!!
You are all doing amazing Well done!
It seems so....my little sister is 18momths older and her hormones started around a year ago....happens too early too them these days :-(

Are there any changes at home? Is he eating something new/different? Manufacturers hide chemicals like MSG (mono sodium glutamate) in food under a lot of other names (yeast extract, hydrolysed protein amongst others), also keep him away from preservatives and flavourings, my daughter can't tolerate them and it sends her mental, she is a different person. He may have developed a sensitivity. Or it could be hormones! Good luck.

Funny you say that about the food.
Ive just started slimming world and im on the sly doing it with the kids and my dad (my eldest is a big lad, not humoungus, but hes got a stocky build and is sensitive about his weight. My dad on the otherhand is over 6ft and 17stone and borderline diabetic so its a good all rounder for everyone)

Fingers crossed it passes, weve had a few wobbles since i posted but do far so good :)

Don't think it's just boys my 10 year old daughter is the same it's like teenage years start sooner [emoji15]
I don't have a boy yet, but I came to say the exact same thing as lydia.

My daughter is ten and for the most part is a well-balanced, thoughtful child with lovely manners. And then some days, I swear she is the antichrist!

Her little body is changing as well - first noticed early last year. It's so scary, because (in my mind, at least), she is far too young!

Latest posts

Back