Any nail salons catering to men in Gateshead area?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaidGlenda

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am not looking for haters, there are enough of them out there already However what I am hoping for is that somebody might be able to assist me? As I have become a bit older (43) I have become more interested in my "feminine side" I have been considering doing something with my nails (for a weekend with my female friends). As a heterosexual man I must be honest and say that I don't really know what (but preferably something sparkly). What I would like to know is whether there are any salons or people in the Gateshead area (Newcastle, Tyne and Wear) who might be OK with dealing with this kind of request? I have never had the nerve to ask around, but when I have bought false nails previously they are too small and I end up glueing my fingers together, so I thought it might be worth asking on here.

You won't find haters here!

If you're on Instagram, I would search for #NewcastleNails . I looked at #GatesheadNails and there's not so much on there. Find the tech or salon you like the look of and drop a message. I'm sure any nail tech would be flattered and honoured to deal with such a request. It's a real shame that male manicures are such a taboo and I can understand why you'd be nervous to enquire. However, any good tech will be completely professional, with no judgement.

A few accounts that stood out to me....

@bluespawallsend
@byslrey_
@haus_of_nails7
@nailedwithlove

You won't find haters here!

If you're on Instagram, I would search for #NewcastleNails . I looked at #GatesheadNails and there's not so much on there. Find the tech or salon you like the look of and drop a message. I'm sure any nail tech would be flattered and honoured to deal with such a request. It's a real shame that male manicures are such a taboo and I can understand why you'd be nervous to enquire. However, any good tech will be completely professional, with no judgement.

A few accounts that stood out to me....

@bluespawallsend
@byslrey_
@haus_of_nails7
@nailedwithlove

:) Thank you so much for your kind words and your advice. I shall look at those options and see if Any of them can accommodate. I just need to get the confidence to ask now ☺

Hi, We are not in your area ( we are in Edinburgh) but regularly have guys and transgenders for many treatments including nails on both fingers and toes. We are happy to accommodate and want everyone to look and feel their best so just ask a salon/nail bar and they will be happy to help. Get that sparkle on !

☺ Thanks. It took me a long time to let my female friends see me dressed (just an occasional thing), now they let me dress as their maid at their all girl parties and think it's great. This was their idea and I must say I am really grateful for the support. (Not that I would mention this when I get them done ☺).

Try “that nail guy” in South Shields. Joe is bloody brilliant at what he does nd might make you more at ease having another guy around with his nails done

Try “that nail guy” in South Shields. Joe is bloody brilliant at what he does nd might make you more at ease having another guy around with his nails done
Thank you for the suggestion. I may have a look at him, although to be fair I am usually more at ease with women than men! When I told my female friends about the support on here they were all saying "see told you so". A big thank you to everyone.

Latest posts

Back