Any Nail Techs from south east Kent willing to help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah0307

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I had to have a break from 'practising' for a while. I done my qualification in acrylic and gel extensions a while ago and practised for a while until I was pulling my hair out with frustration!! Now I knew it was going to be hard.....but not THIS hard!!!! And I WILL NOT give up until I have perfected this!! It takes me friggin 3 yes THREE hours to do acrylic nails and after 1 week they bloody fall off!!! Grrrrrrrrrr!!! So I'm wondering if any of you more experienced nail techs who live anywhere near the Gravesend area in Kent would be kind enough to show me the error of my ways?! I'm thinking this might help a bit! Time to get my things back down from the loft ladies xx

Hi ladies,

I had to have a break from 'practising' for a while. I done my qualification in acrylic and gel extensions a while ago and practised for a while until I was pulling my hair out with frustration!! Now I knew it was going to be hard.....but not THIS hard!!!! And I WILL NOT give up until I have perfected this!! It takes me friggin 3 yes THREE hours to do acrylic nails and after 1 week they bloody fall off!!! Grrrrrrrrrr!!! So I'm wondering if any of you more experienced nail techs who live anywhere near the Gravesend area in Kent would be kind enough to show me the error of my ways?! I'm thinking this might help a bit! Time to get my things back down from the loft ladies xx

I wish I was close to you, I feel your pain I struggled in the first 6 months! YoungNails tutorials on YouTube brought me on so much it's worth having a watch xx

Oh it's just so annoying!! Why is it so friggin hard?! Thing is they look lovely once I've actually finished the nails and my 'client' has left with a sore wrist and a numb bum from sitting there for so long!!! Lol god sake! But then texts and says they've come off! Ugh!

Oh it's just so annoying!! Why is it so friggin hard?! Thing is they look lovely once I've actually finished the nails and my 'client' has left with a sore wrist and a numb bum from sitting there for so long!!! Lol god sake! But then texts and says they've come off! Ugh!

Do you practise on yourself? Thing is, you'd think that you'd be getting the worst of your work, struggling to get the brush/file angles right plus the correct degree of pressure?!?

They do generally tend to have this habit of staying put, though, which does tend to make me wonder what sort of treatment your nails are possibly being subjected to when they 'Ping off' others' digits? :irked:

Im in gillingham lovely, Im not going to say im anywhere near perfect with l&p yet, but willing to help all I can even if its just a set of hands....also if u can ur hands on a nail trainer I found it amazing to practice x

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Book with Liza Smith in the CND kent academy in sittingbourne either a one to one or do your L&P conversion. She did wonders for me! timings will come down the more you do.

I actually prefer sculpting now as I faff way to much with tips sizing, glueing , blending shaping etc now I get the form on and away I go with product much quicker for me!

I'm happy to help I'm only across the water by lakeside :)

Im in gillingham lovely, Im not going to say im anywhere near perfect with l&p yet, but willing to help all I can even if its just a set of hands....also if u can ur hands on a nail trainer I found it amazing to practice x

I've got a nail trainer hand and find it useless tbh. Sooo different to doing it for real. Would be great to meet up? Xx

Latest posts

Back