Any old nail geeks around?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparklepink

modges r us..we r coolio!
Reaction score
hey hey hey
ive been back in the land of the geek for a little while again and wondered how many of the older (not in age but from the site iykwim) members are still around??
... i know quite a lot of my old geeky friends arent anymore as many are on my facebook... but there are so many new names and lots more geeks in different areas on geek ... so thought id say hello to those i dont know too :)

Jess x

EzFlow Master Artist Educator
www.polishednailsalon.co.uk

:hug: Hi Honey!!!

I'm still here, I don't post much, lurk more, but like a bad smell, never completely gone.

How are you? How's Gareth (that's the right name isn't it???) :lick:

Last I knew you'd moved shops, how's is the new place going?

:hug: Hi Honey!!!

I'm still here, I don't post much, lurk more, but like a bad smell, never completely gone.

How are you? How's Gareth (that's the right name isn't it???) :lick:

Last I knew you'd moved shops, how's is the new place going?

im all good, Gareth doing well too (you did get the name right!)

well ive moved offices again, never ever rent an office from regus... it got me out of the shop but they sealed me in my office with no air con or windows etc. and we werent allowed the door open at all...plus i left over 3 months ago (they charge you alsorts to leave!) and im still waiting on my deposit return, ive been told it will be more likely to be august byt the time i get it!!..... my new office is great tho, much bigger space and windows that open wide, for loads less money!!

hows you?

Jess x

EzFlow Master Artist Educator
www.polishednailsalon.co.uk ..... EzFlow Education for Sussex & Surrey

I think you and I must be on the same wavelength jess, I had the same thought today!
I pop in every now and again, it helps now theres a geek app!

Sent from my E10i using SalonGeek

Hey Girls
Louise Here.Anyone remember me??
Have started posting again lately...although i have had a reminder as to why i stopped in the first place....:(
Maybe its just me but "geek" doesnt quite feel like home anymore

Hi jess I am from old geek site joined 2003 ish lol
I didn't get time to come on geek site when I had the twins who are now 7 lol started popping on again at start of this year (you may know me better as being Ruth fordhams little girl lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still here. Ive only recently started posting again, cuz I've got the app on my phone. But I agree it doesnt feel like home. And I'm getting a bit bored of seeing all the shellac and minx threads filling the boards! :(

i am still hanging round too , dont post as much now but still like to have a nosy and post when i can xx

I'm still here. Ive only recently started posting again, cuz I've got the app on my phone. But I agree it doesnt feel like home. And I'm getting a bit bored of seeing all the shellac and minx threads filling the boards! :(

How many times do you have to tell someone that shellac NEEDS a shellac lamp to work...soooo bored of the same old questions....
and sometimes i wonder where the common sense is with some threads???
Shellac is so easy to do i just dont understand why some geeks make it so hard...

oops....opened my mouth again ready for another beating down!!!???

For many geeks on here lately it seems nails is more of a hobby(which is fine..great hobby to have)but often wheni reply to a thread not only is it passionate from the heart but also very much from a business point of view

How many times do you have to tell someone that shellac NEEDS a shellac lamp to work...soooo bored of the same old questions....
and sometimes i wonder where the common sense is with some threads???
Shellac is so easy to do i just dont understand why some geeks make it so hard...

oops....opened my mouth again ready for another beating down!!!???

For many geeks on here lately it seems nails is more of a hobby(which is fine..great hobby to have)but often wheni reply to a thread not only is it passionate from the heart but also very much from a business point of view

Yep. Totally agree Hun. :)
I'm getting especially narked with people asking for full on business advise. 'should I buy this?' 'should I train in that?' just wanting to be spoon fed. I just wanna scream at what im reading sometimes! Lol.

We ought to have a renunion day.
I think its important that people still pop in now and again it shows how much the site is appreciated.I think maybe some people feel they cant because their loyalties have changed but good advice from the experienced,passionate and best is what keeps the site a very important part of our industry and helps so much in keeping standards high because by god do we need help sometimes:).
We shouldn't forget what it does and what we owe it and i think we can show that by contributing now and again.

Yay some 'old' geekios are still here... Kinda miss the old days! But def love the iPhone app as I can geek on the move which is ace!!

I do know and remember all who posted.... :)

..... Faye I can't believe your twins are 7 OMG where has that time gone!!!

When I think back I joined the site in 2003 and in that time I have made some truly lovely friends and have received such great support on the site over the yrs ... even tho I'm as bias to my brand as ever... I hope that I'm fair and never offend...

Altho still think the geekmolians should come back one day... (pretty please sam)

If any more old geeks are about please do pop in and say hello!!

Jess x

EzFlow master artist educator
www.polishednailsalon.co.uk

Hey Jess,

you know I am still here, part of the woodwork LOL.

As to the others, I do know what you mean about the same old same old. But you need to look at it from their point of view - it is easier to ask than to search. They dont know that there have been 5 million Shellac lampgate threads already and that is just today!

We need to be patient and educate about lamps and not mixing products brands etc. etc.

If no one posted but only searched then the site would die.

Hi Jess I'm still around not as much as I should :smack:

We have all grown and changed so much in our personal and professional lives over the last few years it's so exciting to see where we all started when we joined as scared newbies to where we all are now :)

I love this site and love seeing oldies on as well as newbies X

Surprise surprise Jess....I am still here too !! :lol:

I would be great if a lot of these (old) geeks appearing out of the woodwork would stay a bit longer and post some of their common sense.

I don't think we can complain about what people are posting about and the repetition , if we are not actually posting good threads ourselves ;)

I do include myself in that though, and have had a couple of ideas for threads lately, but have never actually got round to posting them :rolleyes:

As for me Jess, what have I been up to?...too much to mention here :eek:, definitely back doing nails and loving it, but maybe I will have to blog the details !!

Well I am still here too as always, old faithful!! lol

I never did post much right from the start so not sure if any of you know/remember me....
.... but yeah... I'm still around too..... :Love:

Yep, I am still here and still love it.
Where else would I be lol????

I'm still here dropping in when I remember and I remember everyone who has posted in this thread.

Hope everyone well and life treating you good!!!!
x

im an old timer.

Latest posts

Back