Any one know of any free virus programmes for the computer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Han*

Reaction score
just as the title says really! lol my comp keeps saying i have a spywear virus, now all stupid adverts(popup) keep on coming up, and is highly annoying and is messing up my laptop!! am really annoyed at this" why do people have to do that!!
Any help would be really appreciated!! xxx

thanx for that hun but the link wont work for me! ! :) xxx

avg free addition this is great and it works a treat get rid of them as well

Thanx for that hun, ive just done that one now! :) xx And thanx for your help 2 Grafxgal :hug: :hug:

just as the title says really! lol my comp keeps saying i have a spywear virus, now all stupid adverts(popup) keep on coming up, and is highly annoying and is messing up my laptop!! am really annoyed at this" why do people have to do that!!
Any help would be really appreciated!! xxx
AVG Anti virus 7.5 AVG Anti Virus: AVG Free Edition

Than for that hun ive just done that found 29 infected objects!! aghhhh!! just sorting thorugh it! :) Thanx for ur help sweetie xxxx
sorry didnt read that someone had already posted about AVG. Its good I use it.
xxx:green:

Since my future brother in-law owns his own computer shop, his best advice is to buy a copy of PC Cillian, I believe microsoft makes it, its the best you can buy. He says that AVG will work OK, but isn't the best. Norton 2007 has a few additional goodies with it this year, I installed it on my desktop the other day, it has a "fraud monitoring" bar at the top of the page which is there all the time. I know money can be tight at times, but your personal info on your computer is "priceless", especially if you do alot of on-line banking, shopping on-line, etc. Just something to think about.

I love avg free!

Been using it for a couple of years now.
NEVER any virus's.

My neighbor has nortons..... on her 3rd virus in a year, her pc's in the shop:rolleyes:

Another great freebie is: Lavasoft Adaware.
Get's rif of spywares

Also "Pandascan".

gotta luv this free stuff :green:

I've got Ad-Aware SE Personal, google it and it comes up with a few sites that you can dowload from - it's a real good programme I think for spyware!

hi i was using lavasoft adaware se - but just started using spybot search and destroy - much better

also if you download FIREFOX (very similar to IE7 but much much much better) and use that as your browser instead of Internet explorer that doesnt allow even a fraction of the spyware or pop ups you get from IE thru, you can keep both on your pc so you can switch back to IE if you dont get on with it

the link is
Firefox - Rediscover the Web

also if you use mutiple messaging services ie aol, icq, msn, yahoo etc you can download TRILLIAN and you can be logged into to all 3 or 4 if you wish at the same time
Trillian - Free Software Downloads and Software Reviews - Download.com

hope that helps

sorry also forgot to add....

if you do ctrl + ALT + Del and then click on processes

if you get IEXPLORE.EXE come up in the list delete it as this is the spyware thats on your pc, that will make your pc run faster too

i do this regularly and makes a big difference especially if the spyware has made your pc slow or your internet pages take ages to disapear when you close them down.

Latest posts

Back