any one tried nouveau lashes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CLUSKERM

Reaction score
Hello, was thinking of training in nouveau semi permanent lashes any one tried them , which lashes:) company do you recommend?

I have to be honest with you here chick, I did my reseach and found them to be the best on the market and booked into a course this year in march, the course was 500 quid or thereabouts, they didnt send my any info I had to call and request details of where they were the day before, as it turned out they were meant to send me a questions booklet and info pack. I drove from York to Manchester to the course and arrived around 8:30 (not a bad drive traffic was not too bad) the course started LATE at 10:30, the tutors didnt arrive they were "stuck in traffic" apparantly (even though I came further and got there earlier) our kits then had to be bought, and then we got started, very brief on the background info contra indications, very brief A&P of the eye, etc The rest of the class were asked to hand their workbooks in at the start of the class (they were supposed to have done the work at home prior to the course!) we practiced on dummies heads adhesing one lash ontop of another before we practiced on each other, I know for a fact I only got 5 lashes on in total (its very fiddly!!) and I cant say anyone stood over watching me do it either. At the end of the course, I was given the questions pack and told I needed to send the answes booklet back before I could pass.....fair enough, but the next day in the post was my certificate!!!!!!
Thankfully I have done a HUGE amount of practice on friends and family and feel ok about the whole procedure now but feel the course was a total rip off, and the tutors themselves were not great at all.
I have little demand for the lashes, people call but when they find out the pirce lose interest!! I will keep advertising and pushing it, and to be fair this response could be purely due to area etc.

Sorry to be so negative but I personally WOULD NOT recommend this company.

I have to be honest with you here chick, I did my reseach and found them to be the best on the market and booked into a course this year in march, the course was 500 quid or thereabouts, they didnt send my any info I had to call and request details of where they were the day before, as it turned out they were meant to send me a questions booklet and info pack. I drove from York to Manchester to the course and arrived around 8:30 (not a bad drive traffic was not too bad) the course started LATE at 10:30, the tutors didnt arrive they were "stuck in traffic" apparantly (even though I came further and got there earlier) our kits then had to be bought, and then we got started, very brief on the background info contra indications, very brief A&P of the eye, etc The rest of the class were asked to hand their workbooks in at the start of the class (they were supposed to have done the work at home prior to the course!) we practiced on dummies heads adhesing one lash ontop of another before we practiced on each other, I know for a fact I only got 5 lashes on in total (its very fiddly!!) and I cant say anyone stood over watching me do it either. At the end of the course, I was given the questions pack and told I needed to send the answes booklet back before I could pass.....fair enough, but the next day in the post was my certificate!!!!!!
Thankfully I have done a HUGE amount of practice on friends and family and feel ok about the whole procedure now but feel the course was a total rip off, and the tutors themselves were not great at all.
I have little demand for the lashes, people call but when they find out the pirce lose interest!! I will keep advertising and pushing it, and to be fair this response could be purely due to area etc.

Sorry to be so negative but I personally WOULD NOT recommend this company.
Sorry to hear of your experience, thanks for the advice, youve made my mind up! Sounds mickey mouse!:biggrin:

What a rip off? Did you complain and can I ask what made you decide to go with them in the first place? Was it their PR or because you thought that their product was superior?

The reason I ask is that I'm finding that some companies put all their energy into getting us to sign up and pay up and then we're just dumped whilst they move onto the next lot of idiots. All with the promise of another get rich quick scheme.

When I trained in nails about 5 years ago, we were brainwashed into believing that we were the elite and that we could charge £40 per set of nails because of our training. It was like supermarket sweep as we were taken like lambs to the slaughter, through their shop and given a list of essential items that we were required to buy or else we wouldn't pass.

Hiya

I trained with Nouveau Lashes (karen Betts)
I had a better training day than the previous threads.
The day went quite fast
Theory in the morning stopping for lunch
We had dummy heads on the afternoon and was then put in team of 2
working on each other
I had almost a full set of lashes put on me and visa versa

I felt that i had enough info given me on my training day to go off and work on a client

Its a bit like nails you have to go away and practise practise practise

I dont feel that lashes are the best add on to my service menu.

Good Luck
Jenx
Advanced Beauty Clinic - Warwickshire

What a rip off? Did you complain and can I ask what made you decide to go with them in the first place? Was it their PR or because you thought that their product was superior?

Basically because of the success of Karen Betts and her company, she seemed to be the best, I guess I fell for the hype its so hard when your looking into these things...I didnt complain to be honest it took me a while to realise it had not been that great.

I feel a bit silly admitting that but I guess we live and learn:D

Hiya

It saddens me when a company get toooooo big and forget the people who put them there.

They get so big they forget how important our training is to us

i found tonilee thread very sad, it aint cheap to train with Nouveau Lashes

I hope you are doing well with the lashes

jenx

Latest posts

Back