Any problems with Hive digital dual wax heater

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-Nails

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I trained with Kim Lawless yesterday and I'm buzzing and ready to get going. I'm going to be mobile for the foreseeable future. Kim wisely suggested not using a dual heater incase one side breaks but I'm in a dilemma. Hive only do a 1000cc digital heater not a 500cc.

I'm not trained in intimate waxing at the moment will do in future so don't need a 1000 cc pot for hot wax I'm pretty sure a 500cc would suffice plus the added weight to carry around. So unfortunately size, price and weight wise the dual is perfect.

So has anybody got one of these and have you had any problems with it and how long have you had it.

I'm open to suggestions if anyone has another solution. I will be using peron rigot and would feel better with a digital being a complete newbie. Cheers peeps xxxxxx

I have one and it's fine. The only thing I would say is that I can't have it on a timer because it's digital, not analog, so I have to remember to put it on as soon as I wake up!
I've had mine not that long; maybe a couple of months or so. Cleaning the outside with wax cleaner has brought the hive logo off, but that's no great pity!

With the Hive heaters generally, you just need to be a little careful when cleaning it. Over zealous cleaning by my enthusiastic daughter has resulted in the button area just falling into the plastic casing and rendering it completely useless. I think she sprayed the wax cleaner all over, instead of just wiping it.

Having said all that, I had had it some time, and I immediately bought a new one to replace!

I was going to buy the hive dual digital heater from a suppliers and they advised me not to because they have had lots of people returning them. They said if I spilled any wax on the digital part or got wax equipment cleaner on that part it would fizzle out. Anyone else have any trouble with theirs?

I turn the heater sideways to use them and keep the digital buttons at the back so that there is no chance of spilling wax on the controls. I also just use a little baby oil to clean my heater after every client on a clean strip and it keeps the heater clean and seems more gentle that some solvents etc.

I have in the past had problems with these heaters and like others was not able to have these replaced as the solvents had got into the buttons so this method works best for me and not had any problems since.

I did find that wax cleaner on the lids of my old 1000cc heaters made them brittle and then crack.
You'd think the manufacturers could come up with a cleanable material that didn't react to the cleaner, eh?!

Does the dual one have lockable lids? You ideally need a lockable lid when travelling (mobile).

If you are mobile you can get a 500cc hive wax pot. I have one, although it isnt digital.

Options by Hive Wax Pot Heater 500cc/0.5 Litre

Xx

Very good question I need to check that out.

I'm just afraid of burning someone, Kim showed us how the wax should look and the heats but being a newbie I need to get the look of the wax to get it right. :biggrin:

I just thought digital would be better whilst I'm concentrating on actually waxing and holding the skin and going in the right direction hehe.

Has anybody used deo digital heaters cos they do both. Xxxx

Very good question I need to check that out.

I'm just afraid of burning someone, Kim showed us how the wax should look and the heats but being a newbie I need to get the look of the wax to get it right. :biggrin:

I just thought digital would be better whilst I'm concentrating on actually waxing and holding the skin and going in the right direction hehe.

Has anybody used deo digital heaters cos they do both. Xxxx

I have bought the DEO heater and I struggle to get the wax the right consistency. I run my Hive pot at 80 for my strip wax and have to have my DEO on 83. I also find that if I leave the lid on my Hive it is still about 80, but on the DEO it seems to be absolutely boiling. So hot I can't use it until I've taken the lid off and cooled it! Whereabouts are you? I have 2 DEO's and would gladly lend you one to see if it's any good for you. I'm starting to use the non strip wax and am back with a Hive as I'm more sure of the temperature and consistency!

Hope that helps x - Just seen - you're in Essex - a little far!!!

No these digital heaters( both the double and the single) do not have lockable lids.

Thanks jack you are such a wealth of info.

Ok so it's the standard hive ones then and just being careful lol.

Kim was amazing can't wait to get started thanks for all your help xx

I have bought the DEO heater and I struggle to get the wax the right consistency. I run my Hive pot at 80 for my strip wax and have to have my DEO on 83. I also find that if I leave the lid on my Hive it is still about 80, but on the DEO it seems to be absolutely boiling. So hot I can't use it until I've taken the lid off and cooled it! Whereabouts are you? I have 2 DEO's and would gladly lend you one to see if it's any good for you. I'm starting to use the non strip wax and am back with a Hive as I'm more sure of the temperature and consistency!

Hope that helps x - Just seen - you're in Essex - a little far!!!

Oh bless you that's really kind of you. Jack just said the hive digital don't have lockable lids so it's the standard hive for me.

At least now I can get both sizes I want.

Love this site for sorting out newbies thank you everyone for being so helpful. I will be back for loads of waxing advice so watch this space :Love:

Latest posts

Back