Any products similar to Olaplex?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blondekandi

Reaction score
Hi everyone,am new to salon geek

I'm a fully qualified hairdresser andI have been doing hair for the passed 2 years working for myself,I have seen how olaplex works and was wondering if there is a similar product on the market esp for highlights that's more cost effective,this is for myself to try as I have thigh length hair with previous colour and wanting to protect it as much as possible,and if it's all ok I'd use on my clients thank you for reading.

There's only one olaplex and that is a fact.

Looks like I'm ordering olaplaex then [emoji6] thank you for your reply

Hi 6886
Thank you for reply,I'll look into it tomorrow and give you a shout

We use Magi Bond , we get it from Alan howard and it is the same as olaplex and we love the results. it is a fraction of the costs of olaplex

No it isn't the same as olaplex.

OP please don't be fooled by knock offs claiming to do the same as olaplex.

Not sure what you are saying with certain "text " speak, but I talk English, sorry for that, well myself and the team we love the product we use so do our clients we get fantastic results and it is affordable and I thoroughly recommend it. Sorry if you don't like this, but I am allowed an opinion, just saying.

Text speak? There was no text speak in my post. Can you clarify what you're referring to?

Thats fine, you're allowed to love the product and I won't try and stop you. However you made a claim that magibond does the same thing as olaplex which if you understood ingredient decks and chemistry you would know it doesn't.

Its ok to love a product but it is not ok to claim it does something it certainly does not.

I'm sorry and this is going to sound rude,

But how can people STILL claim after soooo many posts on here, that magibond, colourphlex and all the others do the same thing?

Don't let that cheap price cloud your judgment, it's a lot cheaper for a reason

Olaplex is the main product you should be using it costs what it costs because it's such a great product and you don't want something cheap for your hair..!

I use colorpHlex and Olaplex. They work very differently, but produce beautiful results either way. And yes, all the products work differently (and some don't work at all) and none to the same as Olaplex. Just differently. So let's all not go down that road again!! :rolleyes:

OP means original poster - it's a very common term used on any forum

Thank you all for your replies,the reason I am asking is that my colour I have on now is wella colour touch 2,I've had stripped once 3 weeks ago with loreal effasol but they only did a mild cleanse (went to a salon)...the mild cleanse did remove some tone and a little depth and I had around 2 inch regrowth of a base 5,they only did the mild cleanse once and put a majirel level 4 on my roots and to be honest people don't really notice it's two different colours and I was a tad disappointed but it's black,but now I want it all the same colour a level 4 and then in time to come maybe ombré the ends when my hairs stronger (hence why I'm asking about alternatives to olaplex) so I'm going to have it redone and go in with a 20vol with effasol and see how it lifts out but watch like a hawk! leave a few weeks and ombré, but if I ad the olaplex could I do this all in one sitting?
Hope that all made sense,I start rambling [emoji4]

Have any of you used anything lower than a 20vol with loreal effasol and got good lift,I know it would be slow but im thinking of integrity of the hair,thanks again

I have decided to get a sample of olaplex,for the amount I will need the sample will be enough and go from there, thank you all for your replies X

Latest posts

Back