Any recommendations for a Make-up range?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Sylk

Reaction score
I use MAC myself, but i feel this will be too expensive to set up as a part time, as-and-when bridal make up artist. I work part time and have a baby, so its not about money really, just a bit of fun as i love doing it.

Does anyone have any recommendations? When i did my training we used rubbish make up and our teacher had no idea so im lost!

Thankyou! :)

Try screen face they do a good range of professional make up and also some good paletes to start you off with...

I use MAC myself, but i feel this will be too expensive to set up as a part time, as-and-when bridal make up artist. I work part time and have a baby, so its not about money really, just a bit of fun as i love doing it.

Does anyone have any recommendations? When i did my training we used rubbish make up and our teacher had no idea so im lost!

Goto Cosmetic Lab great stuff, no minimal order, great sterter kit!

HIya

try looking at this site
www.sparklecostmetics.co.uk

I use this range in my salon and have had good feedback and some sales.

It is a Mineral based makeup not tested on animals and its from Italy
Barbara Bort Makeup.

There is not start up costs or mininum payment you just order how much you want when you want, and the lady is lovely and goes through everythng with you and does,nt take long to order either.

I wear the makeup myself everyday in my salon and clients have commented on it and I have done a few mini makeovers after doing facials which really sells the make up its sells it self really, Have a look at her websiite and even give her a ring she is really nice to talk to

make up studio is very good and is endorsed by renowned make up artists. But to be honest with, best to use a mixture of brands. MAC lipglosses with max factor mascaras. etc.

If you did want to use MAC for bits and pieces you should check out MAC pro and get an application form for a discount.
xx

i spoke to them today. you have to buy the starter kit, which is a few hundred quid, before you can buy things individually at trade price.

Aha, I had a phone call from them today too after registering on their site! They're obviously doing a call round.:lol:

I thought the cost of their starter kit was quite high actually considering what it included.

Aha, I had a phone call from them today too after registering on their site! They're obviously doing a call round.:lol:

I thought the cost of their starter kit was quite high actually considering what it included.

i dont think it was too high, you do get alot. theres like, 15 foundations, 7 blushers, 3 bronzers, 36 eyeshadows, brushes etc. so its not a bad price, BUT i dont NEED that much stuff!!!

Yeah, I guess, but then on top you need mascara, lipsticks/glosses etc. It's just more than I would pay for a hand full of weddings a year!:)

Yeah, I guess, but then on top you need mascara, lipsticks/glosses etc. It's just more than I would pay for a hand full of weddings a year!:)

Thats exactly what i said to the woman!

If you're a fully trained MUA with certification and experience to prove it, you're entitled to the MAC Pro discount, which should make things more affordable for you. I don't stick to one makeup range, I don't think it's a professional thing to do as the best products are manufactured by a wide range of brands.

Benefit, Pout, Makeup Forever, NARS and Stila all offer MUA discount and/or gratis.

Latest posts

Back