Any recommendations for learning Advanced Eyelash Extension techniques?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lashangel

Reaction score
Hi there,

After practicing on lots of people, I have experimented with different lengths on each person - i.e. flicks on outside, long all the way with shorter ones in between. I love experimenting - is there a website/source/training course that teaches you techniques for different clients e.g. different eye shapes to open up the eye, clients wanting the 'Cheryl Cole' look, etc

And, does anyone know what 'Eyelash Extensions Layering' is?

Thanks

Not sure about "layering"

I've just purchased the Posh Radiance DVD from America. It's had great reviews and supposedly covers all different looks, troubleshooting etc.

Will post back when I've watched it. (I'm very sad but I really can't wait to get it)!!

sounds good.... look forward to your post! Thanks!!!

i think to layer means to put a lash underneath the natural lash then to add a lash to the top of the natural lash so then you have 3 layers lol

Hi there, I just wondered if you received the DVD and your thoughts on it? I've far had some rubbish training and wondered if this could save me from doing another course.

thanks for your help;0)

Hi there, I just wondered if you received the DVD and your thoughts on it? I've far had some rubbish training and wondered if this could save me from doing another course.

thanks for your help;0)

Hello fellow lashers...

I'm not sure what "layering" is...
I have come up with names for my specific techniques to better reference such as "anchor" lashes, "filler" lashes, "re-direction", "Tipi effect" and so on that is used quite frequently now with US lashers. The term "layering" may be a term created by someone and we have not had adiquate time to catch up with it yet. When someone finds out what it is, would you mind posting it?

Hi Groovy,
I am the creator and the instructor of the DVD you speak of. Maybe I can answer some of your questions on it, if you can be a bit specific. If you should have questions on specific technique you're not sure of, I may be able to answer that for you as well.

P.S. If you don't mind, would you share with us, what about your training you were not happy and happy with? I know from some of the threads and posts I've read, there are some professionals that want to get into this field and would be interested in your take on the training that you recieved. Personally, I would like to know from the student's perspective what you think could've been improved on. Your feedback on this will also help me to better my way of teaching and approaching. I greatly appreciate it.

Happy Lashing~~~!

Last edited:
Hi there

I teach 'lash layering' in my advanced eyelash extension course with other techniques that look at more complex lash styling than the basic looks that are traditionally taught on basic/intermediate courses.

Regards
Francesca

LASH by Francesca

I was taught layering on my masters course with Nouveau. It was basically adding more than one extension on to one lash. I suppose it's a bit like making your own 'y' lash to fill in gaps etc......
You probably call it something else.
Tipi effect?

I was taught layering on my masters course with Nouveau. It was basically adding more than one extension on to one lash. I suppose it's a bit like making your own 'y' lash to fill in gaps etc......
You probably call it something else.
Tipi effect?

Hi angelina, no, not tipi...(lol)
We/I call this stacking. You can stack or layer in many ways than one. Creating a 'y' as you mentioned and one on top of eachother with variations of lengths and thicknesses to give the lashes a more "fluffed or whispy" look.

"Tipi effect" happens when several neighboring natural lash clump on to one extension lash... so creating the triangular, tipi look. (not by tech's choice ofcourse) :lol:

Thank you for sharing what "layering" is.

Happy Lashing~~~!

Latest posts

Back