Any recommendations for pastel colours in either Shellac, Gelish or Artistic Colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa.sharrock

Reaction score
Wanting a few pastel colour recommendations please...

I offer both Shellac & ACG - more Shellac colours in my collection than ACG so may be able to layer to get some colours but need inspiration!

But know I can use Gelish with ACG so recommendations for Gelish also.

Would love...

Pastel Pink
Lilac
Apricot
Mint
Orange

Thanks xx

I use Shellac so for a pastel pink try 1 coat of rosebud with 1 coat of strawberry smoothie and mint green (I haven't tried this myself) a coat of strawberry smoothie over (I'm guessing) 2 coats of Hotski.
Rhiannon x

Pastel Pink: Strawberry Smoothie x2 and Moonlight and Roses x1
Lilac: Rock Royalty x2 and Silver Chrome x1

The closest I got to 'Mint' was Cream Puff x2 and Hotski x1
same goes for 'Orange' but using Tropix x1

Not sure about apricot, maybe Cream Puff, Tropix and Gotcha??

xx

xx

Pastel Pink: Strawberry Smoothie x2 and Moonlight and Roses x1
Lilac: Rock Royalty x2 and Silver Chrome x1

The closest I got to 'Mint' was Cream Puff x2 and Hotski x1
same goes for 'Orange' but using Tropix x1

Not sure about apricot, maybe Cream Puff, Tropix and Gotcha??

xx

xx

Don't have Hotski, so cant really do mint. I'm finding it hard to control the amount of Silver Chrome with Rock Royalty, even being light handed I find the chrome overpowers the purple, and if I can't even get a colour pop right I don't fancy my chances on a full hand. :(

But I can do Strawb Smooth & Moonlight. :) will have a go, soooo want a pale orange, lilac and mint tho. :(

Don't have Hotski, so cant really do mint. I'm finding it hard to control the amount of Silver Chrome with Rock Royalty, even being light handed I find the chrome overpowers the purple, and if I can't even get a colour pop right I don't fancy my chances on a full hand. :(

But I can do Strawb Smooth & Moonlight. :) will have a go, soooo want a pale orange, lilac and mint tho. :(

Try moonlight and roses over rubble for lilac and iced coral over rubble for a kind of mint green. Xxx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335178073.005540.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335178073.005540.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 32,932
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335178094.466371.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335178094.466371.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 1,498
If you do a quick search some of us purchased Mica powders & they are fab for pastel shades! There was a recent thread & lots of Geeks put their pictures up! The mica powders weren't expensive - I even think one lady put up a link! Take a look :)

The Gelish Candy Land range are all pastel colours.

If you do a quick search some of us purchased Mica powders & they are fab for pastel shades! There was a recent thread & lots of Geeks put their pictures up! The mica powders weren't expensive - I even think one lady put up a link! Take a look :)

I second mica powders.

Here are pics of my nails. Please excuse my poor cuticles etc. We've not long been back off holiday and I forgot solar oil and hand cream. Lots of chlorine in water has badly affected my poor hands.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335193240.914997.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335193240.914997.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 3,734
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335193266.866861.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335193266.866861.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,631
I second mica powders.

Here are pics of my nails. Please excuse my poor cuticles etc. We've not long been back off holiday and I forgot solar oil and hand cream. Lots of chlorine in water has badly affected my poor hands.

I third them! Here are mine...x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335195247.224014.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335195247.224014.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 33,489
Mica Powders are in the bag!

Thanks ladies. :D

Latest posts

Back