any results yet....?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lisa i have always found your postings so very imformative i allways check out if you hav been on the board. i cant so how sorry i am regarding you loss,thinking about you loads. my heart really does go out to you and the family how horrible.your post really made me sit up in my chair.what lovely memories you mst have though she sounds one of those Very Special People

Liza - I am so sorry to hear about your loss. You have done so well to carry on in these cricumstances.

Earlier this year there was a terrible helicopter crash in the Gulf which killed 7 of my husbands colleagues. The way we all live in the Navy means we all knew these people & their families and our lives had been intertwined on so many levels for years. We all felt shocked, sad and at the same time guilty for thinking "thank god it wasn't my husband". For the first few hours we didn't know who it was, just which squadron. It was very scary.

Then this summer - I lost one of my oldest friends. Sarah was just 33 and I had known her since I was 5. She leaves behind a husband Nick and their daughter Tilly who is 4. Her death was completely unexpected and a huge shock for everyone who knew and loved her. She was the happiest smiliest person I ever met and we had so many good times together.

At the funeral they played the star wars theme as the coffin came in, everyone wore pink - some with bare feet - some with feather boas - that was just how she would have wanted it. Sarah lived her life to the full. She travelled all over the world, set up and ran a succesful business, had a fantastic family life and partied like a mad thing, was a brilliant and popular teacher. She did her best & had a laugh at everything.

To top off a terribly sad year, my mother in law's cancer has spread and the treatment has so far failed. She is not expected to make christmas. We are praying she does particularly as my sister in law is expecting twins at new year.

When I have a bad day now I can hear Sarah's voice saying "go on mate - stuff the lot of them - you can do it" She was so strong, so positive. When I have a good day - I just call it a "Sarah Day"

You have to live every day to the max. Liza - you have done just that by going out there and competing. Well done I'm really proud of you.

Keep smiling Liza, and remember the good times.

I've just been reading Liza's and Ella's posts and now I'm typing this with tears rolling down my cheeks (yes, I'm physically crying) :( . It is so tragic that both your friends lost their lives so young. I'm sure that they will be looking down on both of you at the moment and thinking themselves lucky to have had friends like you who are so thoughtful, kind and caring. If only everyone had friends like you two.

I have some very close friendships with some of my customers and the thought of losing them would really hurt me as they are such wonderful people as well. Like Lesley and Sarah, they too live life to the max and wouldn't let anything get in the way of their happiness.

I really don't know what else to say as I'm quite upset but in a good way because the memories that you two have of these people will keep you strong in the months to come.

As I said in my earlier post, Liza you are an inspiration to us all and the fact that you still continued to compete after hearing this news just shows what a professional you are and I'm sure that Lesley will be drinking her champagne and showing off her nails!!!!!!!!

I need to go and get a tissue now because my mascara's run and I look like a panda!!!!! Well done to the two of you for staying strong and thank you for sharing your friends with us all.

[
As I said in my earlier post, Liza you are an inspiration to us all and the fact that you still continued to compete after hearing this news just shows what a professional you are and I'm sure that Lesley will be drinking her champagne and showing off her nails!!!!!!!! ]
I agree with you Kelly, what a professional Liza is, a credit not only to her profession but to herself as well.

I read both Liza and Ella's posts just before I went to bed last night - bad move - I couldn't sleep. It just makes the saying that 'there is always someone worse off than you' true.

So keep smiling girls :D You know that you have the support of everyone on this site if you should need it.

Well done to everyone who won at G-Mex
XXX

Found this thread a bit of a rollercoaster of emotions. One minute I had tears of joy for our girls (well done youre all fab) and the next I was trying to hide the tears of sadness - I'm reading the board in a public library.
Cant really add much to what has been said already but, just want you to know that we all care and are thinking of you in both lifes ups and downs.
Take care xx.

you guys are what make me visit this site more frequently than i should!
i just knew you would've loved lesley & from what ella said, also sarah.
the "sarah day" is great :D
just 1 more thing..
thank you for saying that i was being professional, but really i think that i was in shock, it had happened so unexpectedly.
it wasn't untill i got into the salon y/day that it started to sink in.
it also puts things into perspective.
normally i would be pretty gutted about missing out on 1st place by 1 point, but this time it didn't seem so important.
thank u all so much for your kind words, it means a lot that lesley won't b quickly forgotten.
lol liza xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back