any results yet....?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmynails

Reaction score
Has anyone received news yet of the competition results................? Geeg...... I think you'll be first to hear - please post when you know............

Thanks
Carol

:goal: :goal:

Just got a call from Faye on Caroline's phone!!! So Crazy wins the prize!!

Faye came 2nd in the Virgins which is up 7 places on her last comp. (Fabric#) What a girl!

Ruth came 5th in the tip and overlay (Fabric#) First major comp.

Lisa Smith won either the sculpting or the tip and overlay (Creative R+)

Don't know any more, they were too excited. So am I. So proud of them all just gutted I can't be there with them to share the champagne. :goal:
:goal:

Thanks for posting the results Geeg, I've been out for the day, and the first thing I did was put the computer on to get the results! I was going to have a cuppa, but think maybe I will have something a bit stronger, and drink to the girls!

Well done all of you, fantastic results!
thumbsup salute

Sue xxx

That's absolutely fantastic!!!
Thanks for posting the results so quickly Geeg.
I haven't met these girls yet but feel I know them so well after having shared posts with them over the last few weeks. They are so motivated and happy in their nails as well as so helpful, friendly and informative.
Having just done the first three days of the foundation course with Creative last week, I am so sad that I couldn't get to Manchester but having this board is the next best thing!!
Thanks again.
Very best wishes to you in Espana.
Carol

hi everyone! I have just got back from GMex.
Well done to Faye, Lisa, and ruth and all the other winners!
I say you all! Faye looked really really happy! Bet your proud mum?
I competed in my first ever nail comp very nervously! I came 8th in the virgins catagory!!!!I had a bit of a disaster with my acrylic as i only changed my supplier a couple of weeks ago! It was setting so quck because it was warm!
I was a bit gutted with the overall look cause all my practice run throughs were better!
Never mind! at least i know for next time!
I have picked up creative and ezeflow sample kits so gonna have a go with them!
well done to you all,you have done really well again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow! so pleased to hear they all did well, congratulations Faye :D well done, and the all those who had the guts to compete. I cant wait to see pictures of the nails, hurry, hurry, :D

Wey-hay, well done girls. So glad to hear that you did so well again :thumbsup:

Anyone going to G-mex tomorrow?

cmynails said:
That's absolutely fantastic!!!
Thanks for posting the results so quickly Geeg.
I haven't met these girls yet but feel I know them so well after having shared posts with them over the last few weeks

I AGREE!!! :D

I have never met any of the girls either but they are all so helpful and make you feel so welcome.

WELL DONE TO ALL OF THEM!!! :thumbsup: With your hard work and dedication you ALL deserve first place :goal:

Well me and layla have just got home from g-mex. I am still in shock as those of you who saw me walk up and collect my cert and champers, i got very very emotional as did most of the gang, i never truly thought i would walk away with second but i did.

Liza came second in the sculpting (there was one point between her and first). i think she deserved first as she had big problems with the fan that was next to her........ But liza to me you are a winner babe and always will be, you got me to compete for the first time and now i have the bug.

Also i must say congrats to louise, to come 8th first time you did better then me as my first time i came ninth. But hey there is always olympia in march.

Gigi i so wish you would have been there to share the cheers from everyone else. I am thrilled that i got the 2nd place for fabric , but hey it rocks as do you.

Mum how does it feel to be able to say that you have trained a competion winner as if it werent for you i wouldnt be here today, i owe you so much..................

Right that is all for now as layla has passed out on my living room floor and if i don't get to bed i will wake up in the morning with the keyboard stuck to my face.................

So goodnight for now i will chat and post to all tomorrow ..................

love faye xxxxxxxxxxxxx
(right my certificate is under my pillow so no one will steal it :D :D )

First I want to say...............
Thank you to all of you guys for the huge support XXXXXXX

Then writing as a proud MUM ........
Faye I love ya loads and boy did we cry today !!!!!! Your Nan would be so proud and I am sure she was there watching you and supporting you !!!!
Your second place is well deserved !!!!!!!! L&P watch out Faye is about lol.......
Now it will get interesting.......As from now Faye and I will be competiting against one and another................!!!!!!
So the way I see it, as a mother I can't loose......She wins I win !!!!!!!!

Liza got a cool second place, but only one point away from the first !!!!!
Thanks for a great weekend Hun, we had a ball xxxxxxxxxxx
Love ya loads xxxxxxxx

I got a cool 5th and as a first time in the big boys league I am chuffed to bits.......................
And can't wait for the next one now , putting all those great tips from the judges and Tracy Leija to good usexxxx fab time on the way to Manchester Hun xxxxx Thanks Hun, you helped us so much xxxxxxxx

Louise, you did so fab, but such a shame, we didn't get to meet xxxx
next time just grab hold of us and let us know who you are !!!!!!!
8th place is brill, ask Faye she placed 9th in her first virgins comp, it can only get better, use the score sheet as a personal one to one guide, we do and it really helps .............

Geeg we missed you and it wasn't the same without you XXXXXXXX
Next time eh????
So thanks again
love Ruth xxxxxxx

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my god - you all did so well. I'm so pleased that I finally met up with some of you - Caroline, Dawnie, Liza (you're hair is way cool!!!). You are all nuts and I only wish I'd got to spend the whole day with you all.

Faye, you deserve your second place. I know you thought you didn't do very well but it goes to prove that you did. Ruthie 5th in the big boys category is wicked. Lets hope you and faye place together in olympia. Liza you always do well because you're ace and the nails you had on were excellent! Did you use the new metro colours for them?

Anyway I can't say much more except Mr Geek is very funny (do you remember you getting your Girlfriend and Christian saying 'You haven't got one - you've got loads!!!!!!?'. Also, Mrs Geek you're tights were wicked. Where did you get them from?

Love ya all!!!

hiya all :D
i will make this short & sweet (a 1 off!), as i didn't get in untill 12.45 this morning & i've got to get kids to school!
THANK YOU every1 for your support & cogratulations :D ,sorry geeg i think faye must've been suffering from euphoria when she phoned you, as you got the impression that i won :shock:
sorry to say that as you all now know i narrowly missed out :(
i just needed to share something with you...
i would like to dedicate my bottle of champange to lesley crayden who i've known as a client & a friend for 10 yrs.
as the rest of the girls who i was with know, i received the v.sad news y/day morn. that she had passed away.
later 2nit i will put up a post telling you a bit about her, you all would've loved her.
sorry to bring the sound of success downwards, but she would've wanted me to have kicked butt & she would've njoyed the champers :fire:
lol liza xx

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I hope you are okay. (Well, as much as can be expected I mean :oops: )

I'm sure she was a lovely person and I would love to read about her. You really did well to go on and take part in the competition, that is admirable. And to walk away with 2nd place to me is amazing. (Not that I think you shouldn't have got 1st! I just mean under the circumstances!)

Well Done to all of you and take care Liza.

What a wonderful thing to do Liza. I will look forward to the post and finding out about her. To compete after hearig that sad news must have taken a lot of guts and this just goes to show what a truly dedicated professional you are.

A really big cheer to all of you!
Well Done!!! :goal:

When I bumped into Faye she was quite sure she had made the top ten!!!!
But wow.....2nd!
Good on yer girl! :queen:

Well done to to Liza and Ruth too.......
Brilliant results!

:thumbsup:

Hiya
First off Lisa I was so sorry to hear your sad news but hey she would have been so proud of you today well done babe ;)

And me Chichias what can I say well done Ruth and Faye, well you both made me cry yet again :D but that is getting to be the norm at the shows now wouldn’t be the same without a good old cry :shock:
Also Louise well done hope to be seeing you compete in the future shows babe.

And thanks to Anthony for putting up with me nearly sitting on the table getting a birds eye view of him doing Caroline’s nail which was flipping fab.

Samantha those tights where wicked babe remember we have them on film :D was great to chat to you and Sam you are both great guys.

And of course Caroline great day babe thanks for taking me couldn’t go without you now would be like leaving me arm at home :D love ya xx

So another great day had by all well done to everyone who competed and heres to the next one.

Take care Dawnie xxxxxxxx

Well done to you all, sound's like you all had a FAB time.
Sorry to here about your sad news Lisa. I am sure she would be really proud of you...
caren :)

Had to put my two penneth worth in and say.....WOW!!! You are all winners from where I'm sitting...WELL DONE GUYS!

(Sorry to hear of your loss Liza....I really admire your determination.)

Hopefully, I might get my butt to a show one of these days ;)

hiya guys
as promised, i will tell you about lesley.
she has been having her nails & hair done at my salon for ten years.
her children are zoe 20, aaron 18 & jade 12.
she was 42.
she was a single parent & worked full time.
i know we all speak highly of people when they die out of respect, but that's really not nec. with lesley.
she had a heart of gold, & has helped me out in the past a few time's.
her sense of humour was always great & she swore like a trooper!
however her amazing strength of character became more evident when she was diagnosed with breast cancer on christmas eve 5 yrs ago.
for obvious reasons she kept this information to herself for a few days. the 1st thing she did was look up her condition on the web & go to her consultant with a list of questions as long as your arm!
this was the 1st time i'd had a client who was going to go thro chemo.
the advice she was given was;
only use baby shampoo
don't colour your hair
don't blowdry your hair
:shock:
lesley's reaction was actually unprintable :shock:
she decided that what was the point of having grey, lank, & frizzy hair, on the off chance that it might fall out.
which it might do anyway!
so, we coloured it
we shampooed it in usual luxury shampoo
& we blowdried it regularly, &....
it didn't fall out :D
these little victories really meant a lot to both lesley & myself.
lesley had surgery & further treatment & recovered to her normal self.
18 mths ago, after some back pain it was discovered that the cancer had returned to her bones.
further treatment of chemo followed & this time we weren't so lucky.
lesley lost her hair rapidly, & again i had a new experience, i helped her locate a really gd wig & i restyled it. we really laughed :D
her hair started to regrow about 14 mnths ago.
to her horror, it grew back curly. & i mean VERY curly :shock:
we cut & coloured it every 4 wks, & in the circumstances, i'm glad to say that recently it had returned to its former glory!
so... her nails...
lesley was well known for her nails.
she wore them longer than anyone else in the salon, & they were lovingly looked after.
even her holidays were booked around her nail appointments!!!

lesley had never looked "ill" in all that time, & everybody had assumed that she was fully through the worst.
however on thurs. she went to the doctors to show him bruises that kept appearing on her legs.
after returning home, she started losing control of her arms. by that night she was admitted to hospital very poorly.
she slipped into uncontiousness on sat.
amanda at my salon received the phonecall from zoe on sat teatime.
unfortunately, i was well on my way to manchester by the time amanda phoned me.
she went to the hospital to see her and amanda called me early sun morn. to tell me that lesley had passed away at 3am sun morn.
her passion for her nails led her to call for amanda when she was v.poorly.
she was due in this evening at 5.30, & zoe's convinced that she remembered that.

this is the 1st time for me that such a strong person, that i've known so well has died.
my father-in-law died 5 yrs ago, & as horendous as it was, i think that the relationship between a client & technician over 10 yrs, seems to grow deeper , especially when you have shared their innermost fears and hopes for the future.

our thoughts & love r with her children, & i think all of us were glad when our day in the salon today finished.

i'm sorry to do my usual essal length thingie, but she was that rememberable that i wanted to share this with you all............
liza xx

I really would like to thank Liza for getting Faye and myself into the competition circuit. Thank you and love ya loads xxx
If it hadn't not been for her sound advice and strong support, we might have never known, how much fun competing would be. She believed we should and could do it and win or not it would make us better Technicians!!!!............how you ask????

First of all, you work under a different kind of pressure. You have to be completely organized , right down to where you place your files, every second counts..................

You have to have complete product control, to get that ultimate competition look, that gives the judges that wow factor.........

You have to stay focused , no matter what is happening around you.......
Even when like this time, we had electricians running in and out of the competition area fitting the strip lights to the judging booths, in that last vital 1/2hr before the final "Times up" call, Mobile phones from spectators going off constantly, and walkie talkys from the security staff at full volume................

Poor Liza had to combat a cold draft, that really interfered with her L&P, someone left the aircon on and the temperature was dropping rapidly........On top of that she had the sad new about her dear friend, but she made it very clear at breakfast that this one was for her friend, who had only passed away a few hours before the competition..........

So you learn how to, work smart, stay focused, stay cool and calm, work in an unfamiliar setting ......A competition makes you very aware of your work technique, how you present your work station, how you behave under pressure, how to correct any mistakes you might make without hesitation and work to the highest standards you could possibly imagine ...............
You learn to take criticism in a positive way, after all you are getting the best tips on how to perfect your skills...from the top Technicians in the industry.............

I know my enhancement have improved by 100% and Faye's have too....
We have always taken pride in providing the best service we thought possible and to produce the best enhancements possible..........We thought we where doing our best, but now have realised we are capable of so much more, and thats what our clients get .........They get so much more.........

So if you fall in that category, the technician that wants to learn, wants to give their clients the best of them, then you are the technicians that will join us in the competition arena next time round..................Because what you learn here is so much different and an experience not to be missed

To all the technicians out there using the Fibreglass/Silk system, as we do, go and show the world an its other technicians that Fibreglass and Silk applications, require also a high skill level and it's not just about sticking material on a nail and buff...................If only it was that easy lol.........
If you do want to compete and have thoughts and doubts, you can PM me and I will give you all the info I possibly can..........
I would love to see all of you at Olympia in the Competition arena, putting Fibreglass and Silk firmly back on the winning podium...........
So enough rambling

lots of love Ruth xxxxxxxxVoddy and Orange in hand ( again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back