Any Salon owners? Help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimjamjarz

Reaction score
hiya, im not sure if this was the right thread to use but here i am so anyway!

a hair and beauty salon up the road from me has a 'junior assistant' job going. I went in today for a treatment and was chatting the the girl doing the treatment about the job and she said no one else had asked or applied as far as she knew and it would require full time and one day at college.

She seemed to like me or she could just be being friendly but heres the thing..

She said that the lady i need to speak to would be in tomorrow so to either drop in a c.v or get her to give me a call. I said about popping in tomorrow to speak face to face (i hear this gives a much better impression than c.v's)

I am a confident chatty person however, not annoyingly over confident, and i am efficient and reliable, i am honest and do as asked, i dont look or act young for my age, most people think im around 18, i think i kind of look the part for a hairdresser and i just feel that this job is just PERFECT for what i have been searching for as it is literally a five minute drive up the road!

Also i am doing a nail technician and beauty therapy Level 2 home study course this year (ends this june) but what i ideally wanted to do was hairdressing and this is a good apprenticeship!

however the problem lies as i am only 15..:rolleyes:

If she liked me and all went well do you think that my age would be a problem?

I have been looking up about it and it is legal to do as it is a form of education ( i have been home tutored for the past 3 years) and all i would need to do (if the salon was worried) is get a work permit from the welfare office.

I really would love this job, but im worried i will go tomorrow and it be ok then my age come up and be turned away... they want a junior and thats what i am so the government can fund me (i read this is why they like juniors)

Im not even worried about the money if i have to wait to be paid untill im 16, its only a year, and in the meantime im being trained!

Thanks so much for reading and i really appreciate your answers:biggrin:!!! :) Xoxox

hiya, im not sure if this was the right thread to use but here i am so anyway!

a hair and beauty salon up the road from me has a 'junior assistant' job going. I went in today for a treatment and was chatting the the girl doing the treatment about the job and she said no one else had asked or applied as far as she knew and it would require full time and one day at college.

She seemed to like me or she could just be being friendly but heres the thing..

She said that the lady i need to speak to would be in tomorrow so to either drop in a c.v or get her to give me a call. I said about popping in tomorrow to speak face to face (i hear this gives a much better impression than c.v's)

I am a confident chatty person however, not annoyingly over confident, and i am efficient and reliable, i am honest and do as asked, i dont look or act young for my age, most people think im around 18, i think i kind of look the part for a hairdresser and i just feel that this job is just PERFECT for what i have been searching for as it is literally a five minute drive up the road!

Also i am doing a nail technician and beauty therapy Level 2 home study course this year (ends this june) but what i ideally wanted to do was hairdressing and this is a good apprenticeship!

however the problem lies as i am only 15..:rolleyes:

If she liked me and all went well do you think that my age would be a problem?

I have been looking up about it and it is legal to do as it is a form of education ( i have been home tutored for the past 3 years) and all i would need to do (if the salon was worried) is get a work permit from the welfare office.

I really would love this job, but im worried i will go tomorrow and it be ok then my age come up and be turned away... they want a junior and thats what i am so the government can fund me (i read this is why they like juniors)

Im not even worried about the money if i have to wait to be paid untill im 16, its only a year, and in the meantime im being trained!

Thanks so much for reading and i really appreciate your answers:biggrin:!!! :) Xoxox

Hi darling!!
Firstly I want to say well done you for doing a home course AND looking for a job at 15. I did the exact same thing and there was no problem hiring me in the hairdresser. I was still in school and just told them I wanted to leave to do apprentiship with them full time and they saw my passion and took me on! All they really had to do was get an emergency national insurance number & tax etc which u cleverly have already looked into. Just by reading your post I can see how enthusiastic you are and if you carry on that way nothing will stop you! I did that, I'm 20 now and currently opening a beauty salon:) you will do great and please let me know how it goes xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

I agree with Ipq! If you tell the salon owner pretty much what you've put here, and the info you've researched then the owner will have felt that you have dropped from heaven! In the Uk, 15-16 years old is the perfect time to start an apprenticeship! Good luck! You deserve this job! Most kids your age wouldn't have thought of half of what you have about this opportunity! Wish you had walked into my salon lol! Let us know what happens when you go talk to the manager!! xxx

hey all, thanks so much for all your replies! I got the job and she was fine with my age! i think the girl i spoke to the day before gave a word to her for me and she almost gave it to me straight away. Its three days a week then one day at college starting sept. The girl who gave it to me was really nice and friendly and she is who i will be working with so im glad about that! :)

Excited to start now!! :D:biggrin:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well Done,

I wish you were my daughter.

Keep us posted and let us know how you get on.

Love
Desi Chick :lol:

If only there were more people like yourself! Congrats on your job, and say a congrats to your boss from Me,, for getting someone so enthusiastic about OUR PROFESSION! xx

congrats on the apprentiship,I just wish i had that oppertunity when i was your age the only salon that would do that near me was fully staffed and couldn't do it and then i got a job and the money over took as i was saving for the course....long story short i'm now 27 training to do what i have wanted to do since i was four! All i can say is well done you
sazza

Latest posts

Back