Any service you will not do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahpoppy24

Reaction score
Go guys I just saw a thread saying that some one as a rule won't do black to blonde. I was thinking is there anything you just refuse to do. Something possible but you just would not take it on. I'm not talking about stuff that would damage the hair, just services you feel would be bad for business/unwise to take on? Xxx

I don't offer perms, I can do them but don't feel I'm very good at them and I think it's because the salon I trained in when nobody got perms and we didn't do oap prices etc so we didn't get that clientele so because of lack of experience with them I just don't do them lol x

Perms, nobody has ever asked for one in my 15 years of hairdressing! Therefor I don't offer them. I wouldn't be very confident in doing one anyway to be fair x

HairBy Amanda

Perms, relaxers, braiding. I think hairdressers should have focus on one or two things to specialize in. For me its cut and color

Perms, relaxers, braiding. I think hairdressers should have focus on one or two things to specialize in. For me its cut and color

Same as me! I don't do perms as I am self employed and never asked for one and now been so long I'm not confident in them. Plus all my further training has been cut/colours. X

Amen to the perms. My nan aint the happiest she has to go 2 a salon. I do refuse SOME colour corrections. Like black to blonde or red to blonde knowing its gooig to be a 3 appointment thing where they will have to walk round a bit "warm" for the first few weeks and the only thing they say during consultation is "as long as its not ginger i dont care" i show the test peice and they nearly fall off the chair. That isnt good 4 business when they "forget" the consultation and expect a mirecale in one appointment... Then its a no!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

If it wasnt such a money maker id do anything to get out of doing weddings aswell. I cant be the only 1 who feels this way lol. Cant get any1 to sit down. Ive been let down by assistants on the day so had 3 hrs to curl and up doo 7 people. Bridezilla, do hair, they get dressed, have to re do hair. Caterers r in n out, wedding planners in and our kids running around squirting u with ur very expensive hair spray.
Stressful to another level. And i dont enjoy hair up doos!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

I love doing perms! Lol I refuse to do hair up as I don't like doing it! X

I'm exactly the same as you babychops! Back in the day all we did was perm!! I don't do hair up as I don't think I can do a good job. Also love a blow dry and tong!!! xx

Hello guys, yeah perming I hate as specially a I'm mobile not as practical. X

I like perms, I've only done about 3 in 12 months tho

I HATE hair up, proms hair wedding hair NO NO!! Haha I don't do them, I have in the past and it traumatised me for life Haha

I'm mobile and to one perm on my weekly blow dry regular. Other than that they aren't on my price list

I also don't cut men's hair unless they are partner/son/dad/brother of the client and I state this on my price list. I know most men are lovely but I would rather not be in that situation of turning up to an unknown mans house to cut his hair for £10 it's just not worth it x

I'm the same with perms! Never liked doing them but I have a friend who I worked with for many years who loves doing them but hates doing hair ups so she dor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sooty pressed send by mistake!
She does my perms and I do hair ups for her. Great with is being mobile and keeps our clients happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perms.

I will never offer a perm. The salon owner I work with rolls a perm in 10 minutes. It takes me 4 hours :O

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm a salon owner and really enjoy perms and hair ups but not liking colour correction at all:rolleyes:

I love perming its so simple. but hair up for me I hate with a passion! Hair up is more dressing hair and I think you get a good hairdresser that does hair up but not so good at cut and colour. Somebody who doesn't do hair up is good at cut and colour. I've noticed that a lot with hairdressers

I'm mobile and I don't offer perms, hair up, wedding hair or men's cuts. I refuse some colour correction usually because the hair can't take anymore chemical processes.
I love colouring :)

Long hair cut very short! I prefer to break it up, cut it somewhere in the middle before the big chop...I just always think there's gona be a complaint somewhere like their hair is now curly it's cut short or it's really thick and they didn't expect it to be like that even after you have told them the possibilities of changes to their hair.
I love a perm, do them most days at my salon

Those of you that don't do hair up aren't you turning a lot of work away? I get asked a lot for hair up / bridal and you can earn quite a bit in just a few hours with pretty much all profit

Latest posts

Back