Any tips for eyelash extension courses?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kezza*

Reaction score
Ok, I've booked an eyelash extension course for monday. I've received the training manual on Thursday and going though it, it's sounds so much harder than I thought. I've recently had a baby so have baby brain and I'm not taking everything in.

Is there any tips or advise that would help and prepare me for the training on monday?

Also they recommended patch test before, on a few strands of the eyelashes, do you do the patch test on the tips of the eyelashes?

Any advise would be great

Thank you

xx

There's not really any tips I can give you before the day as it's all about practice, practice and more practice after your initial training.

I'm surprised they've asked you patch test yourself as it is incredibly difficult (even for an experienced lasher) to apply your own lashes, never mind trying to do it without any training :eek:

Sharp tweezers + strong glue + eyeball + no training = DISASTER!!

I would phone them up and ask them about this.

I'm also never keen on courses where you spend your time being a model for someone else. Whilst it is good go experience a treatment, I think it's better to spend as much time as possible practicing in front of yor trainer, rather than lying down on a couch being lashed!

Good luck tho. You'll love being a lasher xx

I have to patch test my model before the training. It said on the wrist and one or two eyelashes. That's what was worrying me was what if I got the glue in the eye!

Wow, I cant imagine why they would ask you to do a patch test including placing some lashes when you arent even trained!! Just tell them you dont feel comfortable doing this and do the skin patch test.

One tip though, do as many lashes possible for the first few weeks to practice, gain confidence and get quicker. I did all mine half price for the first 20 people so I had lots of people to practice on and they didnt have to pay full price incase they didnt last with it being my first attempts etc. Once you have confidence you will love doing them, and get quicker! Dont be put off by how long it will take you the first few times x

I have to patch test my model before the training. It said on the wrist and one or two eyelashes. That's what was worrying me was what if I got the glue in the eye!

I know every company is different but i cant see why the adhesive would be tested on the wrist when it should never come in contact with the skin? We generally advise to apply all of the products to a few lashes which means you dont need to apply any extensions, merely the adhesive, primer, sealant and debonder but i would be very cautious if you are a bit nervous about doing it to your model?

I know every company is different but i cant see why the adhesive would be tested on the wrist when it should never come in contact with the skin? We generally advise to apply all of the products to a few lashes which means you dont need to apply any extensions, merely the adhesive, primer, sealant and debonder but i would be very cautious if you are a bit nervous about doing it to your model?

I had ee put on last week. was given a patch test 5 mins before the treatment, on my inner elbow!
However, i was taught you test cluster/strip lash glue on skin. Semi permanent lashes glue by applying a few lashes to each eye as you state!

I was taught to do skin tests :-/ why can't you put the glue on skin, no where on my glue does it say that either :-s and how do you put lashes on before training?? Ahh I'm really worried now!

Kathleen @ Love Beauty
www.lovebeauty-loveyourself.co.uk

There's not really any tips I can give you before the day as it's all about practice, practice and more practice after your initial training.

I'm surprised they've asked you patch test yourself as it is incredibly difficult (even for an experienced lasher) to apply your own lashes, never mind trying to do it without any training :eek:

Sharp tweezers + strong glue + eyeball + no training = DISASTER!!

I would phone them up and ask them about this.

I'm also never keen on courses where you spend your time being a model for someone else. Whilst it is good go experience a treatment, I think it's better to spend as much time as possible practicing in front of yor trainer, rather than lying down on a couch being lashed!

Good luck tho. You'll love being a lasher xx

Hi Elliebee, hope you don't mind me asking who you trained with? How do you find the training and was it a good choice? I'm trying to choose a trainer for semi-permanent eyelash extension and would like to get it right from the get go so I'm asking for recommendations. At the moment, I do cluster lash extension amongst other nails and beauty treatments. You can PM me if you prefer.
Thanks Ola

Hi Elliebee, hope you don't mind me asking who you trained with? How do you find the training and was it a good choice? I'm trying to choose a trainer for semi-permanent eyelash extension and would like to get it right from the get go so I'm asking for recommendations. At the moment, I do cluster lash extension amongst other nails and beauty treatments. You can PM me if you prefer.
Thanks Ola

Have a look at this thread I started.

I hope you'll find it helpful xx

http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/...ld-you-do-same-lash-training.html#post1316244

Latest posts

Back