Any tips for not shampooing every day??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoMo

Reaction score
I just got my hair cut in a very cute short pixie which I love, but my problem is trying not to shampoo every day which I have cut back on. It's very hard to get my hair to behave in the morning now because it is so short, stands up everywhere and not the cute way.. Any suggestions, can I just wet it and go from there? I don't use alot of product so that doesn't seem to be a problem. Also i'm looking for a good styling product for this new do, something in a paste form that will hold good but still be moveable. Thanks

Yes you can just wet it down with wet hands or spray bottle in the morning. If you jump in the shower just let the water rinse out all product from the day before. If you are using a good product, it will be water soluable and will rinse right out.
If you are using hairspray, the shower will be better to get it all out. Just skip the shampoo.
If you use a gel based product, a light mist of water will re activate it.
Did you ask your stylist what she/he would suggest for a styling product?
He /she should have suggested something.

PM paste is good as well as redken pastes.

I love really short hair. I have long hair now but wore it super short for years. It's so easy I used to jump out of the shower in the morning, rub through a bit of paste or wax & go.

Congrats on your new hair!
I used to have a messy short hair style and loved Bumble + Bumble Sumotech, comes in a black pot with white writing on it. You will be able to buy it online. x

Yes you can just wet it down with wet hands or spray bottle in the morning. If you jump in the shower just let the water rinse out all product from the day before. If you are using a good product, it will be water soluable and will rinse right out.
If you are using hairspray, the shower will be better to get it all out. Just skip the shampoo.
If you use a gel based product, a light mist of water will re activate it.
Did you ask your stylist what she/he would suggest for a styling product?
He /she should have suggested something.

PM paste is good as well as redken pastes.

Yes, she suggested something and I bought it but it's not holding like I would like it to. It gives me that messy piece-y look I like, but won't hold it place when I spike it. I think it was called "Frenzy" by Sexy Hair.

I did just wet it this morning and it worked very well, will try to do that for a few days and see how long I can go. I know the "bed head" look is in, but my bed head in the morning looks like I spun around on my head all night, flat in spots, fuzzy in others, it's pretty hot.:green:

Yes, she suggested something and I bought it but it's not holding like I would like it to. It gives me that messy piece-y look I like, but won't hold it place when I spike it. I think it was called "Frenzy" by Sexy Hair.

using hairspray at the roots only will help keep it from "falling" and going flat.

Always remember..any product put on the "ends" of the hair are going to weigh it down. You get volume from the roots so apply product to roots only and use products such as pastes etc very very sparingly on the ends.

I never thought of using hairspray that way, I always use it after everything else to hold it. I'll have to try that, thanks

Paul Mitchell Reworks is a fab product.

I use it loads in the salon and it just flys off the shelf.

hth

Latest posts

Back