Any tips how to remove Gelish from toes quicker

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimxmx

Reaction score
Hi I done a Gelish mani and pedi on a lady 3 weeks ago as she was going on holiday- she called this week to ask for a removal as her nails had grown fairly quickly while on holiday.

I firstly buffed all nails to break seal then used Harmony remover with cotton squares then wrapped fingers and toes in tin foil.

I started by wrapping fingers then wrapped toes then went and removed fingers after about 10mins and they came off no probs but I was there for over an hour trying to remove Gelish on Toes- any tips on how to remove Gelish from toes any quicker????

I have removed many sets of Gelish on fingers with no probs but this was my first set of Gelish on toes removal :irked:

I do not wrap the toes individually. I wrap the big toes and then the other four in together and then wrap a warm towel around them while I work on the fingers. Usually, they are ready to come off by the time I get back to the toes. Oh, and I have found that cotton works better then pads because you can form them to the toenails better. Allows for better contact to all the Gelished areas of the nail. Make sure you are giving each toe a good squeeze after wrapping to make sure you have good contact.

Hi thanks for you reply but I did wrap big toe then 4 wee ones together and I did use cotton , as Im mobile I have no access to a warm towel to then wrap toes in- anyone else got any other ideas/tips?

do you have heated booties you could use these ?? xx

no not at the moment may be worth a try tho :)
How do you heat them up? any idea of where to get them and cost?

I file my toes a lot more than fingers so gelish is a lot thinner before soak of this helps a lot x

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

You could use a small rice cooker with damp towels in or heat in a microwave at your destination.
I use pre cut sheets of hair dressing foil as it is more durable than kitchen foil. And I wrap all toes with one sheet as it is less fiddly then put the hot towel over for 10 minutes.

I file my toes a lot more than fingers so gelish is a lot thinner before soak of this helps a lot x

I only use BioSculpture and I do the same as lovelynails and file more on toes.

Jacqui xx

Latest posts

Back