any tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
water will do NADA - just sanitise the nail plate only!!! Cristine, what training have you currently undergone...this will help us in any future posts to you!! :thumbsup:

Using water would not be a good idea at all before product application for several reasons.

1. The nail needs to be properly sanitised or infection may ensue, and water will not do this.
2. The nail needs to be absolutely dry before product application and applying water to a porous nail surface with all the shine removed will make it moist.
3. The product will not adhere properly to a moist nail plate and you need the sanitiser to dehydrate the plate.

The answer to your problem, is to sanitise only the plate that is visible and to keep the sanitiser off the tip. Just work back towards the cuticle with a gauze pad, only on the plate and it's easy to do.

Hi

I do sanitize the nail plate before applying tips and was continueing to do so to clean off the dust before the overlay but as this maybe what was cracking the tips i thought water on a wipe would be okay. Any ideas on how to remove dust from nail plate and tip before overlay?

I have done the VTCT training but was not happy with this and have booked with creative now.

Cristine :)

Hi

Thanks for all your advise one last question on the subject i hope you dont think its a stupid one.

I have a dusting brush is this ok to use or would it carry oils and spread bacteria?

cristine said:
Hi I do sanitize the nail plate before applying tips and was continueing to do so to clean off the dust before the overlay but as this maybe what was cracking the tips i thought water on a wipe would be okay. Any ideas on how to remove dust from nail plate and tip before overlay? I have done the VTCT training but was not happy with this and have booked with creative now. Cristine :)

...after you have applied the tip and blended, sanitise the nail plate only.. wipe down or away from the tip so you are sanitising the nail plate and not getting it on the tip... then apply product!!

You've got it!! and besides it wastes loads of time!! Brush the dust away with your file by using it in one direction when you want to check something.

cristine

Reaction score
Hi

I have applied a full set of clear tips and can see tiny cracks :( is this more common in clear tips? and would you replace the tip when doing an infill even though the overlay has not been affected?

Just a thought...were your tips sized correctly???

E.g: if they were going on flat nails for exmple, you're better to over size and tailor make them as not to over-stretch the tip on the nail plate. Just wondering if the 'C' curve may have been to deep for the nail plate??

Hope this helps a little :D

Scrub fresh or acetone will crack clear tips

Well...

For one... yes... on clear tips... cracks will be more noticeable as natural coloured tips may kind of hide some minor cracking.

As was previously mentioned... Solvents on tips and improper fitting tips will make them crack.
Usually vertical cracking is attributed to solvent exposure and horizontal cracking is attributed to incorrect C-Curve matching.

Hope this helps

Hi

All the info helps alot thanks!

The cracks have appeared on only a few nails and are vertical i have been using a sanitising spray on a wipe to clean dust off the nail before doing the overlay so i think i will now use water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back