Any tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OliviaAmber

Reaction score
I am currently 25 weeks pregnant and before finding out I was expecting, I was a sunbed junkie!

My skin is looking so pale, dull, worn out..especially without make-up.

My skin routine is a tea tree creme face wash morning and night, moisturiser, occasional toning however this tends to dry out my skin and a vitiman c face mask once a week. I also drink a lot of water.

Any tips on how to bring back some colour and life to my skin?

You can only add colour with makeup. So a blush and a bronzer along with a good foundation.
Get a facial and then the therapist can look at your skin and advice how to take care of it. Also regular facials help keep skin looking and feeling good.
Sun bed users skin does look worn out as its damaged but if you are stopping now then you can stop any further damage.
Also use a moisturiser with a high spf everyday to protect.

Fake it ! Don't bake it! Always [emoji41]

Pregnancy hormones can change the skin so this may also be contributing to your pale colour and dryness. I would stop the tea tree wash, use a cleansing lotion/cream, a suitable moisturiser and definitely SPF. Definitely agree with the professional facial and bronzer.

I think a face wash every day could be too harsh. Try switching to a creamy cleanser, remove with damp cotton wool pads, then a very gentle toner and finally moisturise. This won't give you more colour but might help stop the dryness.

Hi,
It's very natural to get skin pale and dull during Pregnancy! A disciplined approach towards a skincare regime can give you a healthy looking and you always desired! I think, Marine Collagen Skin Cream can help remove skin dryness.

Why not just get a spray tan?

Please stop using sunbeds ! They so bad in so many ways I suggest go to a reputable salon and ask for skin analysis using skin scanner and they show you picture of your skin and uv damage. Environ is really awesome Tou can use on pregnant ladies I have seen amazing results.

Is a sunbed a solarium? Sorry, we dont use the word sunbed here so im not sure on its meaning. Anyway if so, im surprised they still exist in your country, theyre illegal here...

Please stop using sunbeds ! They so bad in so many ways I suggest go to a reputable salon and ask for skin analysis using skin scanner and they show you picture of your skin and uv damage. Environ is really awesome Tou can use on pregnant ladies I have seen amazing results.
We can't recommend environ during pregnancy over here unfortunately x

Why not just get a spray tan?
NHS advice is to avoid spray tans as the effect of inhaling dha is unknown and might be harmful. You could have fake tan applied by hand though.
Dull skin?
Cleanse with a gentle milk/balm cleanser and wash cloth morning and evening. Follow with acid tone-first aid beauty and Nip and Fab do nice glycolic pads. Follow with a spritz of hydrating mist (caudalie or Rose water) and replenishing moisturiser, try oil in the evenings i.e. Midnight recovery from khiels. Every other day swap day cream for gradual tan face cream ie creme hydra bronze from Guinot.
Good luck

Latest posts

Back