Any virtual currency investors?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LocksOfLove

Reaction score
Around 2 years ago I bought a bitcoin, and sold it soon after (regretting that!) So after the recent spike of the bitcoin I've recently invested a tiny fortune into 160,000 infinitecoins. Thought I'd join in the virtual currency fun! It's not a massive amount of cash so it's a bit of fun, if it flops I'm not that bothered.

Any other people doing the same? Xx

What is it? X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I hope you get on ok.

I also hope they haven't peaked out! It's all good fun, isn't it :D

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I made a bit of money (pun not intended!) by selling just before it crashed earlier in the year. I think I still have some bitcoin but not sure where I stored the wallet lol but not much left in there I'm sure, but I was looking for it after seeing the prices go back up!

The only problem is that when I bought it before I was constantly checking the price, and worried that I would lose my money! So obviously only invest what you can afford to lose and I would decide when you will cash out.

To be honest I think the problem with bitcoin is that people use it as an investment rather than an actually currency which causes it to be so unstable. I would be cautious about buying too much of the smaller currencies, there are so many of them last time I checked.
But I may think about buying some more now hehe :)

Have you used any of the money for purchases or is it purely as an investment?

Around 2 years ago I bought a bitcoin, and sold it soon after (regretting that!) So after the recent spike of the bitcoin I've recently invested a tiny fortune into 160,000 infinitecoins. Thought I'd join in the virtual currency fun! It's not a massive amount of cash so it's a bit of fun, if it flops I'm not that bothered.

Any other people doing the same? Xx

That's spooky, my boyfriend was literally telling me about Bitcoin when I loaded up SG to have a gander and saw this! Lol

He said they are worth like £1000 now!! Some dude apparently threw away a computer and forgot the had bitcoins on it from years ago - he threw away £4 million worth!! Gutted or what!!

Last edited:
Id be gutted!!! Only a tiny fortune thought it would be a bit of fun. All the better if they go up though :) I'm normally a silver bullion investor. Thought rather then metal I'll try a bit of virtual :) xx

That bloke your on about lives about 2 mins from me ... Big mistake to make ,for him throwing out his hard drive

Latest posts

Back