Any Xen Tan Boffins out there?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SallyGirlJojo

Reaction score
I had a Xen Tan Spray Tan last night and I was interested (alas a little concerned also) that my Therapist only sprayed me with one coat! I've trained with St Tropez and had various tans where I've always had at least 2+ coats, I explained I wanted to go dark and she said that it would go dark. However after the 8 hours it was a happy medium brown.

Is this the norm for Xen Tan?

Oh and I saw the bottle it was 'Mist intense' on it..is that the strongest?

Thanks in advance,

Jojo x

I had a Xen Tan Spray Tan last night and I was interested (alas a little concerned also) that my Therapist only sprayed me with one coat! I've trained with St Tropez and had various tans where I've always had at least 2+ coats, I explained I wanted to go dark and she said that it would go dark. However after the 8 hours it was a happy medium brown.

Is this the norm for Xen Tan?

Oh and I saw the bottle it was 'Mist intense' on it..is that the strongest?

Thanks in advance,

Jojo x

I know that Xen tan dont do different strengths (e.g 8, 10 12) like the others and that it is supposed to work with your skins own tones, I dont use it myself so can't be much more helpful bt my friend has sprayed me with it before and it has been a nice and natural one but not too dark.

Thank you for your reply Nat-Nat.

It did look a lovely colour, no doubt of that and it definately worked with my skin tone as I am quite pale. Just wondered if one coat was sufficient for Xen Tan and why others you use several coats??

I had to put extra tan on last night as I needed to be really dark.

You wouldnt get a really dark look with Xentan. It's a one colour for all; there are no percentages of DHA.

It gives you a natural olive toned tan, not a brown or orange one.

Spraying once or twice is down to the Therapist; some people just do a light mist over the first application to ensure that they didnt miss any bits.

The mist intense she used is a retail size of the actual tanning solution that comes in a gallon bottle for professional use.

If you want a deeper colour, its probably best query which tanning solutions and what percentage would suit you etc. Sienna X or Nouvatan may have given you to look you were expecting; not Xen tan.:)

Correct me if I'm wrong but if it's just the colour guide being sprayed twice or whatever it wont make the tan any darker if its applied once or several times? :)

I use Xen Tan and I spray once & do a light misting over, the skin will only absorb so much DHA in one go, it works with your natural skin tone so a paley that does not tan will have a lovely golden tan & and someone who tans easily will have a deep olive tan. I tan my self twice 4 hours apart to get a darker colour, going to try booster drops next week :) hth xx

Hiya,

Can you pour the Xen-Tan Mist Intense into your spray tanning machine and apply to a client that way rather than using a mitt?

Thanks,
Danielle :rolleyes:

You woud have to buy the half gallon or gallon for spray tanning love, the wee bottle would'nt be any good as most cups you have to have 200mls in, If I am doing a few clients I will top it back up to 200 if you know what I mean. I use a mit on my self as its easier than trying to spray myself hth xx

Hiya,

Can you pour the Xen-Tan Mist Intense into your spray tanning machine and apply to a client that way rather than using a mitt?

Thanks,
Danielle :rolleyes:

Awww right I get you..it's just they dont seem to have the litre or gallon on their website??

Danielle x

Gotta be logged in as trade to see them as their pro products, they dont do a litre either just gallon and half gallon (which is a pain when ure skint! lol) :) xx

Awww right I get you..it's just they dont seem to have the litre or gallon on their website??

Danielle x

Will need to contact them and get set up as a trade user then :)

Thanks for your advice x

Latest posts

Back