any1 know about steiner leisure wages??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahmarie

Reaction score
jus wonderin if any1 knows how much beauty therapists are paid on board the steiner leisure cruise ships? my friend is very interested in it even though i have told her the very long hrs, little free time etc, jus no confirmation of actual salaries, wondered if any1 knows?? thanx

I would think the most logical and intelligent thing for your friend to do would be to ring Steiners personally. I'm sure wages vary with experience and job description. Always best to go to the source of the information you want.

From what I have heard most cruise ships pay very low wages and you make your income on your tips. But like Gigi says, better to get it from the horse's mouth

A girl who worked for me went on the cruise ships and she was put on a european ship and the tips were low along with her wages and she hated it. But i know others who loved it and got amazing tips and commission, so it depends on which ships you go on. It sounds hard work but also a good laugh!!

As far as I know you work mainly on commissions. Prices on board are high (speak of experience) but they are popular. The ships I worked on were fully booked just about every day. One of the negative things that I have heard is that you are really pushed for selling the merchandise as well. More so than anything else...
But good idea to ring Steiner. (I am sure that won't give you the not-so-good feed back though.)

Tell your friend - good luck. I loved working onboard (where I met my husband) but each to their own. Some love it and others hate it... But it is well worth the try. Even if it is only for 1 contract. Been there and done that.:green:

I know a girl who works on their ships and she doesn't get a basic.......just commission but she earns loads. She tells me that you have to do the one treatment the whole time. I was also surprised to hear that they don't allow waxing on their US cruises in case they get sued.

Latest posts

Back