Anybody train at The Carlton Institute in Brentwood?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GemmiLou

Newbie Nail Tech
Reaction score
I am interested to find out if anybody trained at the Carlton Institute on the High Street in Brentwood? I signed up and paid a LOT of money to do my NVQ3 Nail course but after reading a few comments on here recently It really doesnt sound like I got what i paid for and its worrying me. We only did one weeks training in the classroom 0900- 1700. We did manicures mon, pedicures tues, L&P weds, Gels on thur and Fibreglass on the fri and that was it. Was sent home with lots of paperwork and books and told to do 12 sets of each system taking photos as we go. Once the portfolio is complete, I believe I then have to do practical assessments to become certified. I dont feel like Iv had any hands on training with a tutor at all, just been having to learn by myself as I go along. Is this right?:rolleyes:

Sorry Iv just realised it was NVQ3 Nail services not Nail technology although i dont know what the difference is.:rolleyes:

A difficult one. I trained originally at Brentwood Academy ( as it was then) and found it to be fantastic :biggrin: I have done a huge amount of extra classes since then but will for ever be grateful for those first steps at BA

Times and tutors change though :rolleyes:

Is Jacquie still the manager? Have a chat with the manager and voice your concerns

Once you have completed your course I strongly recommend a few classes with my colleague CND Education Ambassador Justine Crick

give Sweet Squared a ring to find her details 0845 210 6060

I know that it used to have a fab reputation and I heard the lady died. See link below. Very sad.

It was taken over by Carlton.

Jacqui Borley , Brentwood Academy of Health and Beauty , dies | This is Essex

So sad to read this , Jacqui was lovely and all her team too. I was there when Jade Goody trained there!

Going back to original post, we did six weeks intensive training for gel nail enhancements, 12 weeks for mani/pedi nvq plus two weeks for L&P plus separate days for spa and nail art etc so this does seem rather short

Hi I trained here nvq 2 and other various courses, to be honest with you the training isnt that great as they focus more on the full timers more.
I have had a bit of a result to be honest as ive worked in a good salon whilst doing all my training so ive had the girls point me in the right direction and have learnt so much more from them than I did at brentwood.
In my pedi class ( im qualified in mani and pedi through cnd but had to do it again for the nvq) I didnt even do a pedi and the tutor signed me off as she said its fine I know you can do it. She was also really awful at painting nails and didnt even demonstrate french.:what:
There are a coiple of tutors who I know there and they are really good so its not all of them.
Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back