anybody who uses china Glaze or Essie nail varnishes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi there!!!
I have been sourcing products for a new salom that i am opening soon and am in the process of choosing a nail varnish range to use and retail. i have now narrowed my search down to China Glaze or Essie and i really dont know which to pick (Can't afford both!!!) So thought i`d ask you lot to help and give me your feed back on the products!!! Thanks alot Adele xx

Hi Adele, I can't comment on Essie but I do use China Glaze, OPI and Orly. China Glaze is a lovely polish in my opinion, I love the range of colours and the brush. Perhaps sonmeone who uses both can comment better than me. :)

I couldn't see the point of China Glaze when it first appeared in Sally, I kind of thought... why pay x for China Glaze when you can pay x for OPI (i.e. not very much more). That's what I thought, although actually OPI is 25% more. Anyhow, I was in Sally last week and totally on a whim I bought more than a dozen China Glaze polishes and... they are very nice! Really nice application and fab colours. They're going down a treat with clients and I think I'm going to buy some more :)

I'm generally a Creative person myself, however I have bought a couple of bottles of China Glaze and was really impressed with the coverage and the movement of the brush.

Very nice!:wink2:

:hug:

I use China Glaze and Essie also... But China Glaze is my all time favorite..

Sincerely;
Janet:)

I have always used Creative and OPI polish.When I opened my own business I wanted something different than the other salons so I bought about 25 china glaze polishes.I had heard others rave about this polish. I would suggest you buy one of each brand that you are deciding on and try them out before buying a large amount and not be satisfied with it. My experience with the CG has not been as positive as others.The polish seems quite a bit runnier than OPI and creative and sometimes I feel the need for 3 coats to get good coverage. This is my experience with China Glaze as opposed to the thicker and heavier pigments in the OPI and CND polishes.I am still searching for a good alternative to OPI and Creative. I have not tried essie so I really cant tell you my experience with that.I wish I too could have recommended the China Glaze (I had really high hopes for it) Good Luck and just do some testing of a few different ones before you decide:)

We use creative and essie in our spa. Never used china glaze tho. The essies seasonal colour collection displays are really nice! we also use the essie foot scrub which is an excelent product

I'm a polish freak, and I've tried and use OPI, Essie, and China Glaze. If I had to pick? China Glaze all the way! The colors are fab, and their colors ranges are always featured in the fashion magazines as whats "in".

i use china glaze, opi and orly, i love china glaze and so do the clients.
so china glaze for me.

Thankyou to everyone who's replied ,i get the feeling from reading a few other threads regarding essie that i am now going to plump for China Glaze! Ive tried both brannds out and liked them both but you have all swayed me so going to give the china glaze a go!! Thanks again i feel loads better about my decision now!:lol:

I use many different types of enamel but I have to say I've recently been very impressed with China Glaze.

I used a china glaze shade today that did really nice coverage.As I had stated earlier the other couple of shades that I used did not cover well without mutiple coats,so I am not sure why some cover well and others don't? Maybe some just have more pigment:confused:
I did go out and buy a few shades of essie today but haven't used them yet. Has anyone tried the laquers from OPI with diamond dust? Those look very interesting but the price here was a bit expensive, compared to regular OPI laquer.

Latest posts

Back