Anyone a non medic aesthetic therapist?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurahd93

Reaction score
I have read a few posts on here regarding this subject.
My ideal job would be working as a aesthetic therapist.. lip fillers and botox.

When I first got my lip fillers a few years ago I didn't realise the women was a non medic and qualified at a place in Manchester that trains beauty therapists. My lips were exactly how I wanted..
A few months later I went to a qualified Nurse and she messed them up!

I can understand if I went down the path of training as a non medic is seen as wrong or going to uni for how many years just to get into aesthetics I read can be seen as wrong as well. I no going down the nurse route is the right option but I don't want to be a nurse. There should be a uni course especially to get into aesthetics.

But my point is if a nurse messes up on lip fillers its overlooked because they are 'qualified' and qualified or a non medic aesthetic It wont change the fact that people will have bad experiences.

Is there any changed to this? I'm currently studying Beauty Therapy level 3 and hoping to train into aesthetics.. The course is a LOT of money but I really can't see myself studying as a nurse for 3 years if its not my passion?

I think the rules are under review and that beauty therapists won't be able to inject anything in the near future.

Regarding your experience, there are good and bad everywhere - nail techs and Botox doctors. Some will do a fab job and some won't.

If this is the area you're interested in, do plenty of research, but the feedback I've been given is that only doctors and nurses will be offering injections soon.

Vic x

God bless Pete Burns......:(

I personally don't work in this area, but a lady that I trained with in beauty therapy, went on to do botox and fillers. She appears to be very successful so it's definitely doable. As Vic said, I've also heard that rules and regs will change in the near future regarding beauty therapists offering this service, but to be honest, people have been saying this for the past 3 years and so far there has been no change. If it's something you want to do, I'd speak with the relative training companies to see what they say about any upcoming law changes.

I personally don't work in this area, but a lady that I trained with in beauty therapy, went on to do botox and fillers. She appears to be very successful so it's definitely doable. As Vic said, I've also heard that rules and regs will change in the near future regarding beauty therapists offering this service, but to be honest, people have been saying this for the past 3 years and so far there has been no change. If it's something you want to do, I'd speak with the relative training companies to see what they say about any upcoming law changes.

There are a few companies on instagram that are very successful who I no went through the beauty therapy route. Yeah I've heard the same, I've read articles from 2011 onwards saying they changing the law but its already happening so I doubt they can stop people now. Thanks for your reply :)

The regs are changing. You havr to be a qualified nurse/doctor/dentist etc to administer fillers and botox xx

You have to think about it in this way you could do the aesthetics course and then as soon as you've paid out that money your training could become invalid as the reg change comes into action then you've spent all that money on something you cannot do! Then you would have to start the nurses course and do it that way!

If it was me I would be doing it the way that is going to be recognised in the future yeah it may not be what you want to do but the outcome at the end will be . That's how I would be looking at it x

You have to think about it in this way you could do the aesthetics course and then as soon as you've paid out that money your training could become invalid as the reg change comes into action then you've spent all that money on something you cannot do! Then you would have to start the nurses course and do it that way!

If it was me I would be doing it the way that is going to be recognised in the future yeah it may not be what you want to do but the outcome at the end will be . That's how I would be looking at it x

Yeah your right Lauren, I agree. I'm use to working full time so going to uni for so long probably wouldn't work out now, I wish I decided to do it a few years ago.

Maybe I'll be satisfied being a beauty therapist as ive started this level 3 course, and maybe do things like microdermabrasion training in the future.. we'll see! X

Yeah your right Lauren, I agree. I'm use to working full time so going to uni for so long probably wouldn't work out now, I wish I decided to do it a few years ago.

Maybe I'll be satisfied being a beauty therapist as ive started this level 3 course, and maybe do things like microdermabrasion training in the future.. we'll see! X
Is there not an open university course that you can do side by side?

I was told that once your qualified in Botox or fillers and the regulations change it wouldn't effect you but that new people couldn't train unless they met certain criteria but I have no idea, that's just what I got told . X

The hee publishes a report in Feb this year stating that anything that is not covered under your level 3 will now be classed as aesthetics and new qualification structures are currently being put in place so everyone practicing aesthetics should have these new qualifications and will be governed under the new joint committee of cosmetic practitioners. You will be allowed too train upto level 7 under medical supervision and Botox and fillers will be on level 7 xxx

The regs are changing. You havr to be a qualified nurse/doctor/dentist etc to administer fillers and botox xx
You don't have too be these but you will need too be trained too the new level 7 qualifications and you will need too be on the new jccp register for aesthetic practitioners and working under medical supervision.

I've just seen this is a pharmacist course as long as a many days as a nursing course?
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1477615681.491359.jpg

The hee publishes a report in Feb this year stating that anything that is not covered under your level 3 will now be classed as aesthetics and new qualification structures are currently being put in place so everyone practicing aesthetics should have these new qualifications and will be governed under the new joint committee of cosmetic practitioners. You will be allowed too train upto level 7 under medical supervision and Botox and fillers will be on level 7 xxx

At the time I will check with the company I want to train with. I no there regulations change every year as I've looked into it for a while. Its a lot of money that would get wasted If they did stop beauty therapists training in it. But I don't think it'll happen, like you said the regs just change Xx

I've just seen this is a pharmacist course as long as a many days as a nursing course? View attachment 201801

You can train at most places being a paramedic/nurse/dentist etc its beauty therapists that the hassle! Still that course will be a few grand. Xx

hi hun, did you ever manage to complete the course?

IQ (industry qualifications) do a Level 7- Injectables for aesthetic medicine. I heard a rumour that courses like this will be coming along for suitably qualified people but I am not sure who that will cover.

The people trying to take away botox and fillers from beauty therapists have now come out and are saying that the government have no plans to ban beauty therapists therefore.

I have read a few posts on here regarding this subject.
My ideal job would be working as a aesthetic therapist.. lip fillers and botox.

When I first got my lip fillers a few years ago I didn't realise the women was a non medic and qualified at a place in Manchester that trains beauty therapists. My lips were exactly how I wanted..
A few months later I went to a qualified Nurse and she messed them up!

I can understand if I went down the path of training as a non medic is seen as wrong or going to uni for how many years just to get into aesthetics I read can be seen as wrong as well. I no going down the nurse route is the right option but I don't want to be a nurse. There should be a uni course especially to get into aesthetics.

But my point is if a nurse messes up on lip fillers its overlooked because they are 'qualified' and qualified or a non medic aesthetic It wont change the fact that people will have bad experiences.

Is there any changed to this? I'm currently studying Beauty Therapy level 3 and hoping to train into aesthetics.. The course is a LOT of money but I really can't see myself studying as a nurse for 3 years if its not my passion?

Hey it turns out they have no plans in the future to ban beauty therapists. the link above shows the evidence :)

I never ended up logging back into this, but yes I trained, Qualified in Jan 2018! I think more and more people are jumping on the band wagon, thats why there are so many 'botched' treatments being exposed, its not us they need to ban, its the bad training thats out there. I see so many sponsored posts about training for as little as 1.5k which seems extremely little and cant help but assume this wouldn't be a acceptable level of training. The amount of practitioners medics and non medic doing filler treatments has raised dramatically within the last few years. Does anyone think this Parliament talk about regulations will ever change?

Latest posts

Back