Anyone an NVQ Assessor?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hollydolly

Reaction score
Which Course Have You Been On?

i am looking to do the A1 assors course soon but dont where to do it in Essex

x

Hey

I'm an NVQ Assessor, I completed my A1 assessors award! Its not that bad, just lots of paper chasing really xx

Just curious....What is the cryteria for Becoming an assessor? X

Leah who did you do your A1 with?x

I'm just at the finishing stages of doing my A1 assessors award. I've done it in 8 weeks x

Mine is with City and Guilds

Just curious....What is the cryteria for Becoming an assessor? X

The requirements are that you should have current real work experience.
You should be assessing NVQ candidates using a wide range of assessment methods. You will assess candidates against agreed standards of competence using a range of assessment methods and then give feedback to candidates on assessment decisions, you should also be contributing to the internal quality assurance process of your establishment

Hi there, we are looking for beauty assessors for hertfordshire and essex, self employed day and evening work available. Are you interested or know any one who may be?xx

Im guessing that you already need to have a job within a college to do this course then?
Are there any others that i could present at an inverview? what about the pttlls course?

Im guessing that you already need to have a job within a college to do this course then?
Are there any others that i could present at an inverview? what about the pttlls course?

you could contact your local college and ask to shadow a tutor for the purposes of gaining your A1 - They did this at both the colleges I worked at

you will assess the students and the tutor you shadow will sign off the assessment that you made the right decision

you just need 'access' to 2 nvq students to assess and you need to assess at least 3 units between the students you assess - only 2 of the units had to be the full complete unit that was signed off and IV'd the other unit can just be partially assessed

hth

Last edited:
Thanks very much for that, It has been something i have been looking into for a while, Its just all the type of qualificatons out there that can all add up to getting the job, iykwim. nothing is ever simple.lol

I got told that i had to have access to at least 2 beauty students to carry out my assessors awards i cant c how this is possible unless u have ur own salon :/ im lookin at gettin my own salon in the future but really wanted to do my assessors awards :(

Latest posts

Back