Anyone baffled by what is going on in Bridgend...?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mercedes69

Reaction score
in a house, in a wood, a little old man by the win
I have just been reading The Sun newspaper online...

and yet again another suicide in Bridgend... a 16 year old girl who by all intents and purposes was happy with her life...

this is the 17th tragic loss in that town....

Does anyone feel this is very strange?

The Bebo site seems to be being blamed....apparantly they all want memorial sites....but really?

I don't know..I find it quite unsettling and why aren't there more questions being raised!!!!

Just wondered what you all thought..... is it just me that thinks there is more to this than meets the eye....

What gets me is how the police can say the deaths are unconnected is beyond me.
How can 17 young people taking their own lives in such a small area not be connected!!!

I have a daughter this age and her and her mates have been talking about these suicides they don't think that Bebo has anything to do with it they are convinced that this is a pact between some very unhappy kids.

They do however think that it is a bit like I want to be famous like the kids that rampage through the schools in America.

No matter why they do this the tragedy that is left behind must be heart breaking how does a family recover from this, I know I couldnt:cry:

Thats what's so baffling...the police saying they are unconnected...!!!!
Tell me of another town in the UK where this is happening!!!!

theres deffo something freaky going on , i would be terrified if i lived there :eek: 17 kids is too many for a coincidence isnt it ,
its a shame it really is :cry:

Is it anything to do with this emo culture ??? ( i have no idea I am not even slightly cool) its terrifying though and way beyone me how they can say its not connected!!!

They are just discussing this piece on radio 2.

oh I can't get radio 2...

I don't think it can be ignored any longer....this is way too frightening and incredibly sad for the people of Bridgend... :sad:

I was thinking it was strange when I read about the 10th suicide...but there has been 7 more.... how many more will there be?

Lee...what is EMO? :confused:

It's short for emotional,and my 14 year old nephew told me they are emotional as they are self harmers.

I was freaked,firstly cos they do it and secondly cos he's too young to know about it

How they can say this is not connected astounds me

I think that it is "catching" and seen as a simple way to end any problems that they have. Instead of seeking professional help and realising that they can get help and that other people are and have gone through what they are feeling or suffering they see that other teenagers have solved their probs by taking their own life. They dont think about how their suicide will affect their family and friends.

I dont think that the way the media is reporting it is at all helpful as they are not reporting on the after effects of suicide on the comunity and family; they are only concentrating on how many have died and busy blaming chat rooms, etc.

I think it is Norway that has banned media reporting on teenage suicide as an attempt to reduce the numbers.

The Government should go into the schools in that area and make sure that the teenagers are well informed of where they can seek help for depression, etc, and make it easy for them to do so. I also think that all teenage web-sites should have links to people who are able to help and give proper advice.

Trish :hug:

It's short for emotional,and my 14 year old nephew told me they are emotional as they are self harmers.

I was freaked,firstly cos they do it and secondly cos he's too young to know about it

Thanks Becki... I didn't know that...!!!!

Anyone remember when children were children? :|

Lee...what is EMO? :confused:[/quote]

search on youtube for The Lancashire Hotpots...oh no hes turned Emo......its a funny way of explaining it!! (I cant add links!!)

I called them Emus for ages!!! Ooops! They look a bit like New Romantics except more sinister!!

Gosh :eek:

I didn't know about any of this.

We don't have to be quite as aware of things like that living where we do Jo (thank goodness).

I read on Sky News that quite a lot of them knew each other, either personally or via friends of friends etc, now they're saying there's no connection, there has to be a connection somewhere, it's not an everyday occurrence is it?

Neither did i ! It's frightening,these are children,and i'm all for then being allowed to express themselves but this is soooo wrong

We don't have to be quite as aware of things like that living where we do Jo (thank goodness).

I read on Sky News that quite a lot of them knew each other, either personally or via friends of friends etc, now they're saying there's no connection, there has to be a connection somewhere, it's not an everyday occurrence is it?

For that I have to be thankful...especially with my brood...!!!!

Is it 17? I can only find articles that say 7 suicides, although that's bad enough and certainly seems a large amount for such a small town in a short space of time.

It all sounds very suspicious to me ... far too many victims in one area to be coincidental. More likely to be a suicide pact amongst members of a morally incorrect and heavily influential website.

More control (and possibly government intervention) is needed to shut down these sites IMO.

All very sad really :cry:

Latest posts

Back