Anyone been called up for jury service?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RosieR

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
As a sole trader I have yet again been called up for jury service. Obviously I know it is a respected public duty , but it is a massive inconvenience and will have a detrimental impact on my summer business.
Last time I was called it was the 2 weeks leading up to christmas.... absolutely devastating. I did get excused eventually because we had a lot of snow at the very start of december - so technically closed for the whole of december and my business would have suffered serious financial loss that I would not be able to replace.
Any one else been excused on being a sole trader?

Yes, I got hubby off

If you read the forms it's fairly easy to submit your case. It's really not unreasonable to state that you rely on regular returning business and that you risk having your business reduce by half for several months until you can gain new clients

Phew! I thought you may know with your background line of work . Thanks very much , I am going to do the forms today and hope for the best.
Best of it is ,because of work I haven't had a 2 week holiday for the last 20 years because clients moaning and pulling their face about not being able to get in when it suits them. So I only have a week off at a time....but 5 per year. Who knows what would happen if the case went on OMG. I would become very ill with all the stress of losing my business.
Thanks very much
RosieR

Update, Thankyou The Duchess for your help. Received the exusal today and I am very relieved.
Thankyou so very much
Rosie R x

You're very welcome.

XX

Latest posts

Back