Anyone BORED of black polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dam. it won't let me open the link:mad:

Cuppa Jo has been quite popular, but then I think that colour will always be 'in'.

Wierd - works for me...I'll pm it to you see if that makes a difference.

Its like the little black dress lol depends what you accessorize with it to make it different!! White with sponged on black looks fab for a change!

I bought two gorgeous nail polishes at my local suppliers. One is a slate grey and the other is a two tone emerald green/burgandy colour (bit like mystic topaz stone).

I wore the slate grey on my nails for a few days when my nails needed filling, and all my customers commented on it. I ended up retailing 5 bottles of the stuff within a week!:lol:

The green/burgandy one is lovely on toes - it sort of changes colour depending on the light.

They are both made by Millennium. Really nice polishes to work with too.

I love creatives Heiress (rich purple) i think this is a wicked colour i used it on a client the other day and she thought it was amazing!
Purples are deffinetly in at the minute im looking for an aubergine colour if anyone knows of any good ones?

KIRSTY LUND
owner/nail tech
creative nail design

Noooooooooo I love black.....even though I removed my Voodoo and am now wearing hot pink!

I know where you are coming from Minks.....EVERYONE is wearing it...all the singers and celebs on the Two of Us......only Hannah Waterman was slightly different and had her nails longer and stiletto shaped, which was sooo cool!!!...but they were still black!!

I am still in love with Nail Noir though....and I have always loved Cuppa Joe (chocolate brown)........but hey I don't want to follow the crowd I want to lead the way!!!
So you say Silver ,Heather....I'm on it!!!!.now where did I put that LOOK BOOK?????

hmmm...strange...looks like Lithuania missed smth out again...there was no obsession with dark polishes...well...there are some who wears nails like that...but not tooo much...sadly...i like the look in general...but not on my self....

last summer trend was all shades of hot pink & bright white... & the autumn & winter are ruled by quite pale greens & browns...army camouflage theme i'd say...

& it looks like purpules...such aubergine like colours & red coloures are gonna take over comming spring...

its funny how polish colours change suddenly with clients.....at one time dark and black would have not been picked by my clients, too dark and goth looking, now i cant seem to change their minds from these dark & black colours. i do like it though, but only on shorter nails as the longer nail wearer, it looks too much.
one of my clients came in with channel black satin,(waste of dosh!) wanting me to paint it on her nails, thats cool, but when trying it, came across too thick (like Brisa top gel:eek: ) and ended up using voodoo by creative......see, you cant beat the professionals!!

I love black but even I have been forced to change from black to blue to dark red and now I'm wearing purple.
I always say that black goes with anything but as I wear mainly black clothing my excuse doesn't work:lol: .

I've seen the Zoya, Essie and China Glaze collections for spring, they're all pale french and pastel colours - a bit uninspired IMO if I'm honest. I've been loving the darker, more dramatic colours for winter and I've just stocked up on some rich, deep colours from Orly and Zoya. Apparently white and silver are in for spring from Chanel so it will be interesting to see if people jump on the band wagon like they did with Black Satin.

Apparently white and silver are in for spring from Chanel so it will be interesting to see if people jump on the band wagon like they did with Black Satin.

See. I told ya.

ANd they will lol, they always do. Jumping on bandwagons is fun, just not at the caboose. :)

clients are reading in mags apparently, that gloss grey is the in colour for nails-had 2 clients today have it, i dont like it though!:|

black boring... nahhhhh....

if i have to do another French Mani I am going to scream.......

BL**DY permanent French, French finger nails, French toes........

how about black French??? Ohh no its not quite me the client says...

i say "how about RED BLUE ORANGE......... aaaaaahhhh any other than FRENCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

LOL LOL

sorry rant over

:eek: :eek: :eek:

If black hits oz for our winter i can't wait to do some on my younger clients Zoya have some great winter colours for us coming I also like the idea of pink and green glitters for our spring can't wait getting bored of p&w

i say "how about RED BLUE ORANGE......... aaaaaahhhh any other than FRENCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

LOL LOL

sorry rant over

lol I SO AGREE

thanks hun thought i was the only one.......LOL

give me black or black french would even be a nice change xxxxxxx

i must say i quite like the black polish

i agree everyone is wearing it

but will it not be the case as soon as seasonal colours change again

I know its in, but i dont like the black polish at all, think it looks ugly.
xx

LOL LOL

sorry rant over

Just how I feel - so fed up with French. Everyone ooohs and aahs at all the colours and nail art then say, "but I'll have my usual French." Grrrrrr!!

:irked:

Latest posts

Back