Anyone doing Slimming World

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cameo Val

Reaction score
Is any othe geeks doing Slimming World diet. My daughter and I joined last week. She lost 41/2 pounds first week and I lost 7 pounds. On the second week now but tonight I have had a bad night as the hubby has gone out and I have had 3 LARGE rum and blackcurrants....... and I mean mega large. Dont think I know how to cout that into the syns. anyone out there who wants to be Slimming world buddies then pm me ok

Love and Stuff
Val

hi val,

i`ve been doing slimming world and have so far lost a stone! got hubby joining in so it makes life easier. i`ve spent loads on cookery books and find the on-line tips great, it might seem a bit boring at first but after a while you learn to compensate, tonight we`ve had steak with peppercorn sauce and loads of veg, all sin free. they have just introduced a new system and im trying to get to grips with that, i`m only just new to this site and i`m trying to work out all the abbreviations! so i hope we can maybe swap tips, nails for recipes?

karen

hi
dont worry abt having a wee drinky just get back on the plan tomorrow and you will be fine
i think a voddy and diet coke is 2 & 1/2 syns......lol
i think rum is abt the same have a look on the slimming world website and the online directory - its in the life line online section- all you need is your group password
you can also save your syns too and if you save all your syns up in a week you could have 105 syns for the weekend....well it works out abt 42 vodkas anyway :rolleyes: :lol: :wink2:
im nt saying spend all ya syns on voddy tho... im out tomorrow nite and ive got to be stricked and stop at 6 voddys....thats all my syns for the day........it mite happen.....lol
coolio :cool:

Jess
xox

Hi Valburt Im new to the group, and a total new nail geek, not qualified at all, just like doing it in my spare time, but im starting my first ever course in april and cant wait, new year and a new start, im also a member of slimming world I joined this week havent had a second weigh in yet.....I think this group is great gettting to learn quite a lot already ..

hiya
is that the one that is the same as weight watchers but a £1 cheaper hahahahahahahahahahahahah

No but I really should be!

I'm at that stage - that happens every January - when your combats don't fit as well as they should (i.e. tight across the thighs and bum) and I feel pig sick of myself.

Didn't at the time I was guzzling into the kids' selection boxes and polishing off a tin of Heroes :o ............. d'ya reckon there is hope for me yet?

Anyway, I've decided Monday is the day to do it and a trip to Asda is in the making for plenty of fruit and salad stuff!

Why?:cry: - I love chocolate so much, why does it have to make my bum the size of a small African Country?

Rant over.

S.x

Peter Pan said:
hiya
is that the one that is the same as weight watchers but a £1 cheaper hahahahahahahahahahahahah

it is cheaper than ww and it is more sucessful in the uk than ww (thats what my consultant said) we tend to know abt ww more cos they do a massive telly ads all the time and this yr slimming world have done their first telly ad...ive nt seen it yet tho.....lol
slimming world is the red and green day diet- if youve heard of that
there are a few posts here and there on geek abt slimming world (look on the search)
i think its fab and it has helped me lose loads of weight ive done ww b4 and you can eat so much more on slimming world :)

hth

Jess
xox

i know that jess, it was a joke from peter kays dvd.

ive done the slimming world diet myself and lost weight.

Sparklepink said:
it is cheaper than ww and it is more sucessful in the uk than ww (thats what my consultant said) we tend to know abt ww more cos they do a massive telly ads all the time and this yr slimming world have done their first telly ad...ive nt seen it yet tho.....lol
slimming world is the red and green day diet- if youve heard of that
there are a few posts here and there on geek abt slimming world (look on the search)
i think its fab and it has helped me lose loads of weight ive done ww b4 and you can eat so much more on slimming world :)

hth

Jess
xox

i am doing slimming world after watching the mum-in-law lose 3 stones since may last year. i have been on it for 2 weeks now and hate it! i am constantly hungry and obsessing about food. i live on green days 'cos at least you can have a decent amount of chicken if you have it as 2 b choices for the day, if i was on a red day the pasta/potato portion is so small you may as well not have any. on my first week i was hungry all week followed the plan, pushed myself up the gym 3 times that week and lost 2 pounds!!! IS THAT IT!!! i know it's 2 pounds off but come on my first week i expected to lose at least 4 pounds. i had minty lamb chops a mound of mashed potato with butter in and loadsa gravy last night and felt like it was the first decent thing i have had in weeks. i prefer weight watchers. my hubby says the only way to lose weight is eat healthy, excersice regular and LAY OFF THE VINO he's probably right, i've already had 2 peices of toast this morning so i've had syns already and it aint even 12.00 oh well!

another thing that peed me off about it was the mum in law put on 1 pound this week cos she counted jelly tots wrong????????

I tried slimming world but have converted back to weight watchers. More because the leader at slimming world wasnt at all inspirational rather that the diet itself. I found on SW I was having all green days and as a result wasnt losing weight very quickly at all. Just got too hungry on the red days and found the diet hard work in the fact that you have to keep refering back to the books for syn amounts. With Weight watchers I hit Asda with my points calculator and can work out in a flash how many points things are. Think its just easier for me. Some great weightloses from you lot though. Keep up the great work!!!

Hi,

I'm too doing Slimming World Got my second weigh in on monday:rolleyes: i think it's great so much free food to eat it is a little complicated when you first start but you soon get the hang of it.

Hope you get on okay if you need any hints or tips pm me.

Latest posts

Back