Anyone else becoming frustrated with CND?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misskatemurphy

Reaction score
Hi all

Bit of a negative post but constructive I hope however, is anyone else becoming bored of CND's new collections. The new spring collection isn't inspiring at all and I'm finding that this is pretty much standard of CND now. I was considering dropping Gelish however the colour range offered is way more on trend and I'm now tempted to take on OPI gelcolor as a replacement for both due to the colour range being outstanding. I'm by no means knocking CND or S2 as the customer service is fab but, is anyone else getting bored by the colours on offer?

I feel the same way as you.

I have been using shellac since it came out and love Shellac. Its such an amazing product but the colour choices are getting tedious.

They have brought out some beautiful colours but we need more of a selection. Other ranges have so many to choose from but Shellac is lacking even some of the simpler colours such a bright navy, grey, peach (being released in the new collection). We need some sparkles and brights.

I started adding Gelish to my collection as their colours are vast.

There are so many layering options but the colours are still all similar and need fresh colours.

I love CND Shellac and dont think i would ever stop using them but it takes them so long to come out with colours that other brands have brought out for a good few years. They seem very far behind.

I get gel polish envy when people post up all these amazing colours from other brands.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thing is with Cnd they work closely with the fashion industry and I think the colours are what is relevant to what is running the catwalks for that season - and no they aren't always what our clients are crying out for which in my case at this time of year are simple glitter polishes straight out of the bottle instead of them paying extra for rockstars and super bright neons - I do look at other brands and get jealous of their colour ranges! 😂

Thing is with Cnd they work closely with the fashion industry and I think the colours are what is relevant to what is running the catwalks for that season - and no they aren't always what our clients are crying out for which in my case at this time of year are simple glitter polishes straight out of the bottle instead of them paying extra for rockstars and super bright neons - I do look at other brands and get jealous of their colour ranges! 😂

Yeah I understand CND do that but most of my ladies aren't up to date with whats on the catwalk and latest trends, they just go on which colours they fancy on that appointment.

I agree with you though.

Just some sparkle and brights, a lovely grey and navy. The grey they are bringing out in Vinylux would be fab in Shellac and they are finally bringing out a peachy salmon 😍

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Have to agree , i love shellac but the colours are so conservative. I know we have additives but tbh it would be nice to get the colour straight out of the bottle. I also use gelish and most of our younger clientele always pick from the gelish , simply because of the colour range.

I agree, my ladies don't know or care about what's on the fashion catwalks. Nor do I?! My girls follow nail trends though and they appreciate a good colour selection and range of vibrant strong colours.

I've moved further and further away from Shellac as a result of consistently disappointing and drab colours. I bought in gelish and put them both on the same colour wheel and my clients always choose from the gelish colours. I have recently bought a few gel2 colours in and u won't be re stocking my shellac when it runs out. I couldn't even sell the last 25 shellac to anyone so it's just sitting on the shelf!

My mum of all people keeps pestering me for a bright almost neon colours, she normally wears decendence on her toes but when she goes away she likes bright pinks and oranges but the electric orange was a disappointment and even though I think tutti fruiti and pink bikini are bright she's not impressed! They definitely need a neon range next summer and instead of another red shade yes maybe another navy...and please please bring the nude intimate collection out in vinylux, how frustrating!!

Also... I'm sorry but why is blush teddy being released as part of the "new collection" we all already have that colour? It was part of the intimates collection??

It's like they have run out of inspiration to bother to create any new colours even?

Also... I'm sorry but why is blush teddy being released as part of the "new collection" we all already have that colour? It was part of the intimates collection??

It's like they have run out of inspiration to bother to create any new colours even?

It's not in the Vinylux shades, so will be new in that but I agree it's not really a "new" shade 😐

I completely agree, even my clients are saying "anything exciting yet".....it's a bit embarrassing. I may try Gelish alongside my Shellac too, I hear lots about their bright summer colours.

Although we too are frustrated with the colour choices and limited range of colours, the lamp issue has been what has made many of our techs move away from CND Shellac. We all love the quality of the product itself, but the requirement to use a CND lamp, as well as the lack of an LED curable Shellac, is a huge problem for us. Personally, I'd moved away from CND Shellac years ago, but I was looking forward to an LED curable Shellac to pull me back. If they don't do something soon, I may never go back.

I think that cnd is making a mistake in assuming that techs and clients are interested in following what is in the fashion world.

Nail art is more spontaneous than that and if I want to reach for a neon orange or a sparkly purple then I need those options to be there.

Although we too are frustrated with the colour choices and limited range of colours, the lamp issue has been what has made many of our techs move away from CND Shellac. We all love the quality of the product itself, but the requirement to use a CND lamp, as well as the lack of an LED curable Shellac, is a huge problem for us. Personally, I'd moved away from CND Shellac years ago, but I was looking forward to an LED curable Shellac to pull me back. If they don't do something soon, I may never go back.

I must agree I feel the same about the lamp. We were all led to believe an LED lamp was coming to cure shellac last year but up til now the whole thing seems to have disappeared.

I know lots of people says it takes them two minutes to paint the colour coat but the second colour coat, top coat and and any nail art doesn't and that is where LED would be invaluable.

With exception of tutti fruity which is super popular for me my clients do want conservative nails :) I guess it depends on your clientele

I found this new range of colours coming out very disappointing myself and think that they are starting to repeat colours but then I have over 60 colours at the moment and my regulars all chose from about 5 of them ha ha. Do I really need extra colours ? :)

I agree! I am a massive CND fan... I really like the new collection however I am dying for a glitter range! I left Gelish to be a CND salon but really missing the glitters xx

I must agree I feel the same about the lamp. We were all led to believe an LED lamp was coming to cure shellac last year but up til now the whole thing seems to have disappeared.

I know lots of people says it takes them two minutes to paint the colour coat but the second colour coat, top coat and and any nail art doesn't and that is where LED would be invaluable.

I know people say that about it taking two minutes, but what we discovered when we put it to the test, was that it takes two minutes because you have two minutes! Much of what we do is determined by our tools. When we got the LED lamps, we discovered that even without rushing, it took far less than two minutes to paint one hand.

I know people say that about it taking two minutes, but what we discovered when we put it to the test, was that it takes two minutes because you have two minutes! Much of what we do is determined by our tools. When we got the LED lamps, we discovered that even without rushing, it took far less than two minutes to paint one hand.

Yep you are so right. I bought the dashing diva light pod for my IBX a which is awesome and even at 45 secs per cure it is just so much faster. I love CND but it's about time perhaps they caught up a bit. It seems that they fore fronted everything but in the lamp market now they are a bit behind. As a mobile tech I find their uv lamp big and cumbersome. Wish I could use my light pod for shellac. Obviously I won't because as a professional I do as the manufacturer tells me but it is sooooooo frustrating :rolleyes: xxxx

I used Shellac and Artistic Colour Gloss (think it's the same as Gelish) and they have just taken out 6 glitter polishes for Christmas and nearly every bail client last week picked one of them over the Shellac. I'm finding more and more clients are moving towards Artistic due to the colour selection. Shellac is easier and quicker to remove though x

Some while ago I wrote a thread called will it make the boat go faster where I talked about thinking carefully about your buying decisions.
I use our own brand of hot wax because it's brilliant, but I hate pot and spatula strip wax and Swissdermyl doesn't do a cartridge wax, so I use a different brand.
I too use Shellac in my salon, and I'm not wild about the lack of sparkly, glittery polishes in their collections. Sooo, this is what I've decided to do:
I don't buy the entire collection when they're launched; I look at the colour swatch pages on FB and think about which colours I and my clients might like.
I'm looking at the other brands of similar product for the "accent" colours and will invest in them over the next couple of weeks.
Do I feel disloyal to CND? Nope! What CND/S2 want more than anything else is to have thousands and thousands of really happy customers, and we want the same.
We are blessed to have the choices in the marketplace that we do - avail yourself of those choices, and accept that it's not possible for a manufacturer to please all of the people all of the time. Cherry pick from all the ranges to get the best possible choices for your clients.
I can hear people saying about maybe having to invest in a new lamp, base/top coat, and that may indeed be true, but the money saved from not having every last colour in a collection will offset any additional cost in setting up with an additional brand.
Broaden your horizons - it's a beautiful view out there!

Over here in Germany, gel polish never really took off. I'm told that the NT's think it's for retail and they won't swap for hard colour gels, especially when companies here offer up to 500 colours.

Latest posts

Back