Anyone else becoming frustrated with CND?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so glad it's not just me then, I didn't want my post to look like I was bashing CND. Like all of you I totally love CND but, again like most of you have pointed out, our clients aren't really trend led from the catwalk. They are led by the seasons such as glitters for Christmas (ok we have ruby ritz and additives) and neons in the summer (especially my younger clients) and CND just doesn't cater to that at all. The lamp is also an issue - both OPI and Gelish cures under LED however, I think CND is now in a predicament as the formula would need to change and we would all have to invest in LED cured colours.

I think I'll keep both Shellac and Gelish for now and just keep an eye out for any changes.

I have to agree, the colour range is just not good enough! I have recently brought in Gel ii and I have to say my clients and I have been seriously impressed, it's quicker to apply cures in 30 secs in a led lamp and seems to be stronger than Shellac and lasts longer plus the colour range is immense!! After also having problems with Vinylux thickening in the bottle I am now looking at getting in the matching polish 2 varnishes x

Agreeing with lynne because that's a fantastic philosophy to have in general.

Trouble for me is that I can only use cnd due to it being hypoallergenic. Everything else takes me into rash city. I think that's why it's so frustrating in that technically shellac is perfect but a lack of exciting colours is making it feel a bit meh.

We were thinking the same thing in our salon so we decided to take on Artistic to run along side Shellac, lots of glittery colours and the Artistic LED lamp cure's Shellac coats in 30 seconds which is brilliant!

If any of the top bods from cnd are reading this, speaking for myself, I'm not moaning about the lack of glitters and neons etc because I like moaning, I'm saying that if you make colours that I actually need then you'll get a lot more purchases from me and probably others judging by other posts here

Agreeing with lynne because that's a fantastic philosophy to have in general.

Trouble for me is that I can only use cnd due to it being hypoallergenic. Everything else takes me into rash city. I think that's why it's so frustrating in that technically shellac is perfect but a lack of exciting colours is making it feel a bit meh.

Could you look at ILac from Ink that is hypoallergenic

I have to agree, the colour range is just not good enough! I have recently brought in Gel ii and I have to say my clients and I have been seriously impressed, it's quicker to apply cures in 30 secs in a led lamp and seems to be stronger than Shellac and lasts longer plus the colour range is immense!! After also having problems with Vinylux thickening in the bottle I am now looking at getting in the matching polish 2 varnishes x

What's it like to remove hun I'm seriously thinking about getting some myself xx

Sad to admit the new colours I won't be getting and I am usually waiting up until after midnight to purchase them. I can't afford to have shelf sitters and this is what is starting to happen (I have every shellac colour)
I'm investing in some Gel 2 colours in January to add some pizazz to my colour collection
Vicki x

Just seen Darling Digits is selling 60 bottles of her CND Shellac. I know shes also using Gel II so wondering if she converting fully to Gel II instead of CND Shellac from now on???
Im finding it worrying that so many big CND name nail technicians seem to be moving away from CND and Shellac :confused:
Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ilac website says it contains;

"None of the prohibited substances found in most cosmetics of an American or Chinese origin. Every single raw material, even our product label is sourced from within the EU, so rest assured a purchase from INK London is affordable, delighful and as healthy as a cosmetic can*be!!!"

But other products I am also allergic to say this and I can't see where it says it's hypoallergenic?

Just seen Darling Digits is selling 60 bottles of her CND Shellac. I know shes also using Gel II so wondering if she converting fully to Gel II instead of CND Shellac from now on???
Im finding it worrying that so many big CND name nail technicians seem to be moving away from CND and Shellac :confused:

I don't find it worrying. You know your client base lovely, so if Shellac ticks all the boxes for you and your clients, then what anyone else is doing is irrelevant. You use a product that works for your business.

I personally stock Shellac, Cuccio and Gel II. Not one of those systems covers everything I want, hence why I carry more than one line. With my three chosen systems I cover a cross section of clients, to include their system preference, colour choice and longevity on their particular nail types.

Think of it like the mobile phone/smart phone industry- I've owned an iPhone loved it, I then changed to a Samsung Galaxy S3 loved that for two years, but I'm getting a Sony Experia Z3 tomorrow. My needs change. I loved my iPhone but wanted a better camera, loved my Samsung but didn't need to use it as a Wifi Hotspot anymore as I got Wifi. I've upgraded to a Z3 because I want a kick ass camera for work. None of those reasons mean that any of those phones are rubbish far from it, my needs changed and therefore so did my phone choice. I would happily have got a Samsung S5 or iPhone 6, but the camera on that Z3 is sweet!

As we say a lot on here, concentrate on your business (as I'm sure you're doing) there are so many reasons why people change brands or run more than one line alongside another. There's no reason to be concerned and it's not a reflection on the brand always. xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Think I'll be getting in some Gel II too x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1418368938.264042.jpg

This is the email from ink confirming its hypoallergenic x

What's it like to remove hun I'm seriously thinking about getting some myself xx

Will let you know Monday my first ILac removal :Scared:

Its supposed to be a dream. I meant to try it on myself but a Client saw one of the colours on a pop and wanted it and I've been too busy to sit down and try it x

Ilac looks interesting. Still got colour envy for gellish though comparatively speaking.

When I do my own nails, cheeky as it sounds, I do lots of nail art with w7 polishes because they have some crazy awesome colours that are absolutely fine to work with and then I top coat with shellac the following day and get a good seven to ten days out of it. Not possible to do on clients due to drying times and no guarantee of how long it will last on them but for me I love it. Point being that if a gel range could be as colourful and as exciting in their range as w7 (yeah yeah I know it's not a professional product) then this for me would be an example of hitting the nail on the head and being a clear winner in the gel polish market.

Because the gel polish market is saturated it would make so much sense for companies to invest in making colours that give clients something special enough that they can justify rushing out to buy it.

What's it like to remove hun I'm seriously thinking about getting

Hi, who does the gel ll range? Thanks x

Gel 2 is made by la Palm, if you in the U.K. You get it from their distributor which is creative beauty group (what used to be the cnd academy in Bournemouth before they split and went it alone. The carry it and offer all training etc and you can sign up online to order.

http://thecreativebeautygroupsouthwest.co.uk

It's not as easy to remove as Shellac (I don't think any gel polish is) but it's much faster to apply, you have to buff off the top coat before wrapping for removal and as long as you do that it comes off really well, my clients nails seem to be improving condition wise with Gel11 as well x

I have been debating bringing in another brand for some time. I LOVE shellac but it just doesn't meet all of my needs. I have tried IBX and Brisa Lite smoothing on those that I cannot get it to last for and it has made very little difference. I am just deciding between Gel ll and Ilac. After reading Liverpool Lashes' blog the other day I am intrigued by Ilac.

Do you still book out the same time for these polishes even though removal takes longer?

Latest posts

Back