Anyone else doing "Stop-tober"?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlo nails

Reaction score
Hi everyone I just wondered if anyone else is going to do stoptober and giving up the bad habit, thought it would be a good idea if we could all support each other.. Good luck to any of you that are. X

Last edited:
My daughter said she wants me to do it. (She's 7) and I know I really need to. So I'm thinking why not, I always put it off an say I'm going to and never do. So count me in! :) xx

Hi cheekycheek...my boys are always on at me too, good luck...

What's stoptober

Stoptober is where people will try and give up smoking for 28 days, They say if you can make 28 days you're more likely to stop for good...it's been advertised on the t.v.

I stopped smoking 6 1/2 years ago and have never looked back ,

i smoked 20 a day and it was the first and last thing of the day I did ,

had never tried to stop before, I smoked for 12 years it was much easier than I though I would be ,

you just have to keep your head strong and tell your self you don't need it :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Just doing the Champix tablets, and am on my second smoke free day...I have smoked for over 20 years and have tried to quite more times than I care to remember!! I think that I may have nailed it this time...although I have had cravings, they were really mild...nothing like what I have had on other occaisions. This weekend in Ibiza might be challenging though!..... I would love a little group on here to cheer each other on!
xx

I stopped smoking 6 1/2 years ago and have never looked back ,

i smoked 20 a day and it was the first and last thing of the day I did ,

had never tried to stop before, I smoked for 12 years it was much easier than I though I would be ,

you just have to keep your head strong and tell your self you don't need it :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Love hearing stories like this.....x

Hi everyone I just wondered if anyone else is going to do stoptober and giving up the bad habit, thought it would be a good idea if we could all support each other.. Good luck to any of you that are. X

you should edit the title hon....I thought it was something for people flying long haul!!!!!

I'm doing it along with my close friends. We've decided to use bread sticks to keep our hands occupied! Everyone always pretends its a cigarette no matter how old you are haha xx

I quit smoking in March time, so glad I did, it's just nice not being addicted to something! :)

Hi cheekycheek...my boys are always on at me too, good luck...

Thank you, good luck to you too!
I have a trial for a job tomorrow and If I get it, it will be an extra reason to add to the list for giving up. I don't want to smell of smoke whilst sitting with clients.
Hope it all goes well for everyone who is taking part. :)
Xx

I am! I've already cut down and changed to lights in preparation!

I'm going to get something to keep my hands busy, which helped last time I quit, I managed 9 months and then just STUPIDLY started again but I am determined this time!

Good luck geeks and here's to a smoke free and slightly richer future!

I smoked for about 12 years and tried giving up on and off.The best advice i was given was once you have stopped don't ever think you can have just 1 which was what I always used to do.Id go for maybe a couple of months go out have a drink get offered one and then I was off again.Taking heed of that advice I haven't smoked now for about 20 odd years.

I am! I've already cut down and changed to lights in preparation!

I'm going to get something to keep my hands busy, which helped last time I quit, I managed 9 months and then just STUPIDLY started again but I am determined this time!

Good luck geeks and here's to a smoke free and slightly richer future!

2 of my friends quit last year and said lollipops were really helpful to keep their hands busy. Don't know if that will help you but I'm stocking up! Lol xx

2 of my friends quit last year and said lollipops were really helpful to keep their hands busy. Don't know if that will help you but I'm stocking up! Lol xx

Great idea! I had a mini spring thing last time and that helped,

I have an appointment with my practice nurse on the 1st to pick up some Champix so I'm going to do my best. I've been smoking for 27 years :eek: so its definately time to quit!!!!

How do I edit the title to spell it correctly ????

Well you're all so good. I thought about doing this and should really as we REALLY can't afford it, not to mention I should do it for my son and I also hate everything about it. I'm embarrassed of it and I have a big group of friends who don't even know I smoke. But the problem is, is I still have times of the day where I really enjoy it. So I don't think I'd succeed until I'm really ready to do it.

I gave up for 6 months on Champix, having a fag on those made me want to hurl, they were brilliant but some bad news got me reaching for the ciggies again and that was that. I rely on them so much when I'm stressed even though I know it's them making me more stressed in the first place. Bloody things :rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back