Anyone else get free edge lifting with nail wraps?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Sylk

Reaction score
Ive tried 3 brands now , minx, trendy and another and i still get lifting at the free edge very quickly.

When i apply it after heating i use a hoof to bond it and remove bubbles etc then nip the free edge and pull down.

So what am i doing horribly wrong ?

I use a 180 grit file because i have no crystal files and a 240 doesnt do anything.

Prep is as with any nail enhancement.

I know this sounds daft, as you probably don't but you don't 'pull' it over the free edge, do you? if it stretches at all, it just peels back after a short time.

I use the MINX glass file and have no problems at all....maybe you need to change you file? xx

Are you having these problems applying minx to fingers or toes? because minx doesnt last very long on fingers. I only use the minx file aswell and have no problems. I was talking to a few people at the event and they said they use nail clippers to take of the excess minx but if the clients nails are short it tricky!!

Hi,
I too use clippers to cut down Minx and find it works really well for me.I think you have to be confident/competant with the clippers,if you`re not,stick to the file(glass file or 240 grit file is recommended).
Minx on toes last weeks,but on fingers,in my opinion,it`s for a special occassion.We`re just to busy with our fingers,and our finger nails are much more flexible than toes,to expect this type of product to last on our finger nails.

I am in trialing stage on myself at moment, hands only. Within a day the free edge part is lifting! Its with all 3 brands i used, especially minx, the brand i cant remember are a lot better.

I have seen people do a slight stretch over the edge, which is very difficult with trendy nail wraps as they are really thick.

I cut with tiny scissors very close, but not close enough to lift it as im cutting and then file. The angle of the file is difficult to get right on very short nails as the finger tip skin is in the way.

I should get the glass file maybe. Do glass files do it easily? i tried anything less than a 180 grit and didnt even cut through.

x

Hi there, I am after a bit of advice.....I have put minx on acrylic extensions on fingers, did all the prep but i am finding the minx is peeling back on them:twisted:. They started being a bit catchy the next day and then as each day passed the ends are lifting away:(. Is this just one of those things due to using hands all the time and washing hair/dishes etc or it there something i can do:?:

All the toe mixes i have done are all perfect still with no problems

i have found that problem also. I do lots of minx on fingers and it stays on well over a week on natural nails. I find not so long with enhancements. Try making sure the free edge isn't too thick before you apply the minx, and also, don't stretch it over the edge, you want no overhang if you know what i mean, it should end at the very end of your free edge and not curl under it. For enhancement clients who want minx on their fingers for holidays etc i always use a tiny bit of gelbond on the free edge, just to 100% make sure it stays, i never need to do this with natural nails though. X
Posted via Mobile Device

ps. I always tell my clients to wear gloves when washing up etc to protect them.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ive started brushing glue along the free edge, and they last mich longer :D

thank you i will give it a go

Latest posts

Back