Anyone else getting loads of teeth whitening calls?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christinarena

Reaction score
I have at least one company a week calling to see if I will advertise/sell teeth whitening to my clients and I will get commission, as I am home based I decided not to. Does anyone else get these calls and does anyone offer it?

I get calls all the time, drive me mad,
my usual answer now is
"sorry im not interested and im busy with a client so goodbye"
which is very polite considering how many calls i get from different companies and sales reps

Wouldn't touch with a bargepole and neither will Insurers apparently.

Look at Smile Quest thread (http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/42779-smilequest-teeth-whitening.html) for all problems and risks of being sued - Which? magazine did an investigation into Salon whitening last month and it looks like some businesses are being sued for harming clients and their insurance doesn't want to know if it might have been negligent or illegal etc.

Bad news - don't fall for the salesmen hype of easy money - if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is!

Sam.

:mad: something else we all need to have,if we arn't all insecure enough.Bigger boobs,skinnier everything else,loads of hair but no body hair,fat lips,no wrinkles and now bright white teeth.One day we all really will look like barbie and ken.

Please, please, please - before ANYONE takes on teeth whitening, read our advisory notice on the 'Latest News' section of BABTAC - The Official Site of the British Association of Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology.

Depending upon the system you use it may well be 100% ILLEGAL. Sam's advice is good - please see the extended thread on here.

We have done a lot of work on this (we have a 4 page editorial appearing in December's issue of our membership magazine Vitality), and I have been asked to appear on BBC and Sky in the next couple of weeks. Trading Standards are now issuing Desist notices to hydrogen peroxide system users, and the Labour Party has stated - in Parliament - that they 'consider all tooth whitening treatments to be the practise of dentistry' - which could mean breach of the 1984 Dentist's Act, and fines of up to £5000 and 6 months imprisonment, even if using a chlorine dioxide system.

We are now receiving complaints from members of the public, and have actually helped one member (and are helping others) with legal advice which has led to them either getting refunds on their equipment or cancellation of expensive lease agreements.

If you MUST look into this, PLEASE ask the prospective seller for a copy of their 'Product Safety Assessment' and then show this to your local Trading Standards Officer. S/he is on your side and will be helpful, not critical - but it will save you future problems.

Regards

PHILIP SWINFORD
Marketing Services Manager
BABTAC

Latest posts

Back