Anyone else gone quiet this week?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misseden

Reaction score
After months of being more or less full everyday all of a sudden today i have had 4 clients in and taken less than 100 pound! I worry whenever it goes like this then i think to the 12 hour days fully booked no breaks no food no drinks not even time for a wee! I wonder do i "make the most" of it when its a little quieter. Anyone else the same

I've been doing 11 hours a day, back to back clients with no time for food or drinks for the past few weeks and this week I've dropped to approx. 5 clients a day so I think it may be down to the schools opening back up after the hols and parents are busy sorting their kids out. I'm enjoying the slower pace this week but hope it doesn't last too long :)

Yes very quiet, last week was mega busy and barely nothing this week!

:)

It's to be expected I guess.
I don't notice it as much because I cater to men and women and offer full body/nail services. Men don't suffer as many back to school interruptions as women so I am lucky to have a majority male clientele.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

I've noticed a slight dip too but always expect it for first week or 2 back! Usually goes back to normal after a week or so :) enjoy the calmness! I usually use it as an excuse to catch up on the dreaded paperwork!😴 haha

quiet too, has anyone picked up this week? I seem to have very quiet days and then everyone leaving it to the last minute and trying to squeeze a appointment into their busy week as they have a wedding or something to go to and getting upset when they can only do my one day that week that's full, wish people would book in advance or could be more flexible if its last minute!!

OMG
Yes!! Very quiet this week but I'm not worried it won't last long. (Fingers crossed 😳)
I booked solid in a couple of weeks and it's busy fri sat so I'm enjoying the rest 💇

We've found the opposite to be honest. August was steady but lots of chopping and changing of appointments at the last minute. This week has been insane! 11 hours back to back yesterday with an 18 minute break! Lol. I could have cried whilst cooking my dinner last night!!

Back to being super busy this week after being a bit slow last week :)

Oh thank goodness it's not just me! Been a pretty quiet week, was a shock to the system as I've been manic since March.
I get so stressed out when I'm quiet but I've put it down to getting kids sorted for school and it being the end of summer.
X

Maybe with schools going in, couple of weeks till payday, holidays over etc etc
😏
Yesterday morning, I had only 1 client booked in for today and was hoping for an early finish..........but by 5pm last night, I filled up and am now full all day today. HeyHo !
Never can tell in this business 😀

I was hoping for some calm but I've been mega busy this and even more so next week. I though September would be less busy - nope!

yes very very quiet this week, last week was mad !!!!! but his week dead, as a new business i was getting worried :(

Yes we've been silly quiet compared to usual this week but almost full again next week ! There is nothing stranger than our profession ! ❤️

i hope so we had such a great week then dead !!! i was getting worried but feel better now after reading this thread xx

How long did it take to build up please?

Hi Everyone . . .

When you have weeks like this, when you are suddenly quiet or suddenly busy, especially when it seems to be a general trend as confirmed here, do you keep a note of these times?

Just a thought . . . but if this is an annual or seasonal thing you could keep a calendar of these times and then in advance target these periods with short term special offers to make sure demand stays high and you are not caught out with only a few clients?

Sure, you might make less per treatment if you are offering deals, but its better than having no clients at all?

What do you think?

Adam

Busier this week by far, wasnt so bad last week in the end. Adam I totally see where your coming from but I never have and never will do offers because I wont take much profit and to me if im not taking much profit id rather not do the treatment in the first place. Thats just me though. I will however be having a holiday in September next year! :biggrin:

How long did it take to build up please?

Honestly? A couple of years at least! Its a constant battle of plugging away but eventually it will happen but certainly not overnight.

I'm chokka this week and haven't had a minute since march, but it looks quiet in the book next week, but that could change.

Latest posts

Back